Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 07, 2018 12:22PM

Mormonism delivered. It’s kind of how back in the day, you hadn’t had the full Navy experience until you had malaria. Sure, some days I get the shakes (pesky little cysts) but I’m otherwise okay.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: September 08, 2018 04:18AM

Probably the Navy gave you something back. They trained you. They paid you for a job well done. You probably "saw the world" and made some real friends. Hell--you served your Country--you served all of us! This is something to be proud of! Thank you!!

TSCC only took from you. They taught you LIES. They took your money, under false pretenses. They took your self esteem, you freedom, your autonomy. The cult makes people unhappy. Many of us are ashamed to have ever been associated with it.

I'm sorry you caught malaria. It's true that military personnel sometimes pay a great price, but we feel it is for a noble cause.

The cult is nothing a hoax, and a big-business scheme. The members' services benefit only the few at the top of the pyramid.

Your life is so much MORE than that, dear Babyloncansuckit!

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 08, 2018 11:41AM

I was talking metaphorically. Granddad was in the Navy. Grandma and I would have long talks. They’ve been gone for a while.

I did spend a little time in the Army Rangers, which was and probably still is a very culty place. The military is a great work program. It would be better without the weapons, but one thing at a time.

The church and its subsequent train wreck made me who I am. Things are great now, so I can look back in hindsight. Would I understand life and people the way I do now if it wasn’t for that? We’re all lucky that the cult can so easily be proven false in the right frame of mind. The key is getting to the right frame of mind. Mormonism is just one mental prison. Getting out of it is practice for the other ones.

Leaving the ghetto is the easy part. Getting the ghetto out of you is something else.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2018 12:12PM by babyloncansuckit.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.