Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ctus ( )
Date: June 13, 2011 05:08PM

I am back, just can't stay away, the therapeutic value of the board seems to far outweigh the negative effects of spending far to much time here. Discipline and limiting my time here seems to be the key!

With that said, I have been researching a bit and ran across the promise given in Moroni. This led me to the thought of the times I have read the entire book and the idea I have had since leaving the morg to read again with a new found mindset. How is it even possible to read the Book of Mormon, without being compelled to read due to subscription to the religion and being induced by guilt to do so?

I mean, good God on a gurney, this has to be the most boring read in history!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: June 13, 2011 07:47PM

I understand there is a guide/list to show you how to read the book. It is not in sequince so you can't follow it properly. I tried to read it once,,after about 10-15 pages,,gave up.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: June 13, 2011 07:53PM

I'd like to bear my testimony that I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know that the church of jesus christ of latter-day saints is the Lord's true church on earth. I know that if you read the Book of Mormon, with a broken heart, and a contrite spirit, and pray about, you will be assimilated. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. (Click, whirrrrrr, snap, crackle, pop! whirrrr) receive an answer from the holy ghost, testifying it is true. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: June 13, 2011 07:56PM

I stand corrected!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2011 08:36PM by think4u.

Posted by: Ctus ( )
Date: June 14, 2011 12:09AM

And it came to pass that the BOM was revealed to be the brainless meanderings of a philandering pedophile.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.