Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: October 15, 2018 02:30PM

Dallin, Russ, Hank... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take a couple hours out of your week or your month and watch this. Please! THIS is the real story of gay Mormons (LDSers, whatever). These are the people under your control. These are the families that are being torn apart by your cruelty. These are the lives you are destroying and the deaths you are causing. Not God. YOU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pYn5ECmzS8

Do you care? Do you have even an ounce of compassion? If you could bring yourselves to have an interest in the real people behind the money, in the children, in the families, you would at least sincerely pray to be blessed with understanding. If you can watch this without breaking down because of your ignorance on the subject due to your age, you cannot pretend to be men of God. God is love. God is understanding. God is compassion. God is pro-family.

*** I know, I know, nothing could make them ever watch this. These people (the righteous LDS young people like Dusty) could point the gun they've essentially been handed at their heads right in front of those three and they'd say "let me give you a priesthood blessing before you pull the trigger."

But if you haven't watched this interview, I implore you to take the time to do it. Reading his story isn't enough. It needs to be heard in his words, the whole story. Beg your LDS family to watch it, just so they can have a little bit of an understanding, just so they can be as compassionate as Dusty's ward has been to him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: October 15, 2018 03:55PM

If we advocate accepting everyone as they are, and no one needs to be any different than they are naturally...

Why does the church have to change to our liking?

They never promised acceptance and the church history from the paedo founder is one of exclusion, judgement, intolerance and criminal behaviors.

But we accept everyone AS IS?

Except when we don’t?

Why is your form of conversion effort (trying to get GAs to watch or listen to what you BELIEVE THEY SHOULD so they will be converted to your beliefs) any more noble than theirs?

Because you believe you are right? Haven’t we all had enough of our self righteousness and all the proselytizing we’ve done?

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 15, 2018 04:30PM

Sure, but NormaRae’s beliefs don’t make people dead.

I hope they don’t watch. I want the world to see all of their ugliness.

Posted by: Concrete Zipper ( )
Date: October 15, 2018 04:31PM

Carameldreams,

I know that you're a nevermo and haven't experienced the weight of the church's oppression as many of us have, but I'd like to caution you about posts like the one you wrote above.

Our posters are allowed to criticize the church and church leaders. Venting about the church is one of the reasons for the existence of this forum.

Exmormon.org also supports equal rights for same-sex oriented individuals. The church has a horrible record of persecuting and harassing SSO people, and that has led to the high rate of teen suicide in the Mormon corridor. Encouraging church leaders to respect people, no matter how they were born, is another reason for the existence of this forum.

You may disagree with what NormaRae wrote, but this is not the forum to attack her for that. We welcome your personal experiences of dealing with Mormonism but, if you want to criticize people for holding opinions fundamental to this place, then you may wish to find a different venue in which to express those.

CZ (admin)

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: October 15, 2018 09:03PM

Ok so I watched a few minutes, and got to the part where he says it took 10 hours to break the virginity, (it was painful, and they were crying). Oh my!

And then 3 weeks later they find out she's pregnant... So I guess anyone can make a baby? hmmmm.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 15, 2018 09:07PM

I'm not betting / banking on compassion from the leaders of ChurchCo.

(if they had it, starting a long time ago, Things C/Would be a lot different, wouldn't they?)

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: October 16, 2018 10:28AM

Carameldreams... The church will never change to MY liking. I don't expect it to. And in fact, I've been slightly pleased with some of the changes is HAS made, because my granddaughter is being raised Mormon. I see way less focus on girls abandoning their educations, marrying the first temple-worthy thing that comes along and popping out babies whether they have the means to support them or not, than when I was growing up in the 60s, early 70s.

But I'd really just like to see them stop killing people. Simple as that and maybe I have no right to advocate for that. But when I see something this powerful, I want to believe that it might touch someone who has the power to make a change and I'll advocate for it. Sorry it bothers you, but I simply don't care that it does.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2018 10:29AM by NormaRae.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 16, 2018 10:53AM

Thanks NormaRae.

Very powerful. One thing I particularly liked was the point John made about the relationship of attraction and aversion. They are separate. And, as attraction can be a powerful element, aversion can be as well.

I guess I was lucky because I had extreme aversion to any romantic/sexual relationship with a woman. I tried so hard to convince myself that I could go through with the temple wedding while I was still TBM. It was a horrifying thought. I just could not do it under any circumstance. The guys like Dusty who have no aversion to the physical with a woman even though they are highly attracted to men are the ones that the Mormon church really gets its claws into. I watched so many marry their girl friends in the temple while I was at BYU.

I have watched this Mormon tragedy for decades now from a terrified gay teen to a closeted TBM at BYU to finding out about the Electro-Shock Therapy at BYU and the suicides and the shamed Mormon families.

Because of all of this, you cannot imagine how freeing it was to finally realize the Mormon church was a lie.

I appreciate you highlighting this podcast because nothing has improved. The viciousness of the Gerontocracy toward the LGBT has had an update to "appear" more acceptable to kinder population, but it is the same old/same old. And it hurts, and it kills.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.