Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gettinreal ( )
Date: October 19, 2018 07:49PM

I were to play the game, rejoin (get re baptized and the whole ball of wax), and then re-resign?? I wonder how many times you could pull that off??? :-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 19, 2018 08:08PM

...and would there be prizes!

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: October 19, 2018 08:10PM

in b 4 ~ OPie needs new hobbies ~

Date: October 19, 2018 08:37PM

Long day, possibly been drinking a bit as well. :-)
Random thoughts

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 19, 2018 08:11PM

In order to pass the re-joining hoops, U'd have to Sharpen your liar skills & profile...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2018 08:20PM by GNPE.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 22, 2018 09:17AM

GNPE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In order to pass the re-joining hoops, U'd have to
> Sharpen your liar skills & profile...

...and fork over 10% of your income, at least for a time.
Expensive game both in terms of money and integrity...

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: October 19, 2018 08:13PM

I often wish I could resign again, and again, maybe every year, on the anniversary of my first resignation. I would like to be part of that group resignation every year at Ensign Peak.

What's stopping you from resigning whenever you feel like it? You could write your letter of resignation, saying what you need to say, and mail it in. The Mormon office would have to look up your name on the records (which they still have), and spend a few minutes to find out who you are, and that you have already resigned. They can't arrest you for wasting their time. They can't stop you from using the US mail. Tell them "no contact" in the letters, and the bishop can't try to stop you.

The Mormon baptize the dead, each one, over and over again. They re-use the same names in the temple. We know this. There's no reason you can't resign over and over.

You don't have to be re-baptized, to re-resign. You can do it for free.

Didn't the Mormons tell you that you were "off the rolls"? According to the Mormons, they don't use the word "resign", at all. What's stopping you from resigning until they finally use that word, and CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE OFFICIALLY RESIGNED?" in the meantime, you are merely removed from the rolls.

Publish your letters of resignation here on RFM. I, for one, enjoy reading these.

Date: October 19, 2018 08:40PM

I remember getting an unsigned form letter warning me of some sort of “eternal consequences”, which actually had the opposite of the intended effect.

I think my resignation letter was just the basics. I no longer consider myself a member, and neither should you...

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: October 20, 2018 01:11AM

"Just in case you've re-baptized me (yeah, I'm still alive, but you guys can be quite uninspired about many things), I'm resigning. Again."

Or maybe just resign each year without explanation. Why not? An anniversary present to yourself. Yup! I like your idea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2018 01:11AM by Beth.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: October 19, 2018 09:47PM

Pay an honest tithe and there won’t be a problem :)

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: October 20, 2018 01:07AM

I don't know how many times he did it. I think he cycled in and out and back again at least once. Maybe twice. Seems like he was constantly moving from group to group, bearing fervent testimony that the group du jour was the bestest and truest and godliest ever...until they got tired of giving him free food. Eventually, IIRC, he ended up in SLC and tried to capitalize on his famousness as one of the founding fathers of Mormonism.

Seems like joining and endorsing various religions became his job after he blew the farm on his investment in the golden plates scam.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 20, 2018 02:54AM

I would like to see someone with a good ouija board start writing to the Church Membership Department on behalf of dearly departeds who have woo-woo'ed word back that they wish to resign by proxy. I think their testimonies about how mormonism works in the hereafter would be a valuable addition to our earthly knowledge.

"Let go, Rusty! Follow the hot, bright disinfecting light of reason!"

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: October 20, 2018 06:40AM

Probably you could leave and return till the end of all time because they want your tithing $. That sounds like a horrible thing to do. I'd rather have a proctology exam by someone named Dr. Hook.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2018 06:40AM by Aquarius123.

Date: October 20, 2018 08:57PM

I think someone alluded to this idea...
I could try resigning again, and see if they are so bad at record keeping that they go through the motions. X-D

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: October 21, 2018 12:54AM

I've got about 500 stamps.
I know 500 great names.
Think of all the busywork.
Next week will be fun.
Keep up the good work.

You could do it as often as you want.
You keep changing your heart, mind.
Keep those missionaries busy.
Keep the lds cob in the corner.
Keep having fun!

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 22, 2018 01:57PM

<~~~if I lived 20 more years and I retained my independence and refused to be persuaded by anything that does not fit my World View.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: October 22, 2018 02:40PM

I ignore mormonism. It ignores me: my qualities and attributes, my skills and outlook, my wisdom, passion, and brother/sisterhood, my tenacity, creativity, and all my other strengths, time, choices, beliefs, thoughts and personality.

Just because something, or someone, follows you doesn't mean you have to follow them back (leading-following can be harmful) [I am/ you are the leader here!]. TMC could never keep up with me, following me around to all the abstract and unusual places, with thoughtful, humorous, creative, fun, unusual and usual people, and even more, naturalness, simplicity, and tradition [before LDSc]. I take NO INTEREST in what/ who doesn't take an interest in me, and even then. Pftt_

I suggest playing with 'the church', since there is NO WAY to work with it. It's like a toy anyway, far from alive... or even relevant, or interesting at all, much less true, divine, healthy, everlasting, practical, or useful.
Play with it like you did a toy truck, as a boy [or girl], or as you treated a (MEAN) doll, preferable using it as a voodoo doll.

M@t

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.