Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: June 14, 2011 11:36AM

I'm generally a pretty patient and easygoing guy. I like sarcasm, making people laugh with a shocking comment, and yes, even crocheting. I'm constantly trying to achieve a typically elusive relaxed Zen state where I can sit on a tuffet and drink herbal tea and read a nice book about the brutal murder of an innocent family.

But there are two things that really make my cheese moldy. I'm sure you're able to surmise what those two things are from the subject line of this post: Arrogance and Entitlement. There are no other personality traits that make my ass twitch like these do.

We all know that Mormons chronically suffer from these two conditions; they are as second nature as the need to take a giant liquid dump after eating a piece of bad sushi, but it's not just Mormons. I have tried so hard to purge toxic people from my life, but no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to escape these kinds of people from infiltrating my existence and poisoning me. I'm not a violent person, but there are times I lay awake at night plotting Saw-style torture and death involving caustic chemicals and copious amounts of foul-smelling bodily fluids upon these people.

Being generally kind and affable really isn't that difficult, is it? Maybe it is. Maybe I'm suffering from my own brand of delusion in thinking that, but it seems to me that believing that one's very existence should make people fall down and lick said person's nether pucker makes them look like a complete dick, or dickette depending on your gender.

There's a very fine line between confidence/self esteem and sheer arrogant douchebaggery. I realize I'm not perfect, and I have myriad personality flaws, and I'm certainly guilty of behaving like a pompous ass sometimes, but it's when it's like a bad case of oozing herpes that just won't go away with some people, and they walk through life thinking the world OWES them something, and that everyone should defer to and worship them that I take issue.

I'm not even sure what the point of this post is; I just needed to let loose a little. I'm so sick of dealing with high maintenance people who are convinced that their shit doesn't stink and that their pores excrete chocolate-flavored diamonds.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2011 11:42AM by GayLayAle.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 14, 2011 11:38AM

FUCK YOU, CHIPMUNK FACE.

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: June 14, 2011 01:56PM

GayLayAle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FUCK YOU, CHIPMUNK FACE.

Chipmunk face?

Posted by: cl2zip ( )
Date: June 14, 2011 11:44AM

I'm sorry to say I have a few siblings like this. Myself, I tend to isolate because I tend to attract people like this into my world--probably because I grew up with my sibling who is definitely a narcissist was 17 months older than I am and I had to endure her insanity from a young age on. Before my parents died, they were always telling me how sorry they were for leaving me in the crib for hours because she demanded so much attention as a child.

I no longer speak to her--haven't in almost 5 years. My other sister isn't much better.

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: June 14, 2011 11:52AM

Check out Neil Patrick Harris's opening number from the Tonys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9ovwI9pOTs&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Those sailors do some mighty fine ass-twitching. And Andrew Rannells is no slouch either in BOM Musical. I was mesmerized.

I would suggest that when someone's being arrogant and/or self-entitled, instead of going into go-go boi mode, you simply tie them to a tree and smack them senseless.

My two cents.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: June 14, 2011 12:32PM

I couldn't agree more.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: June 14, 2011 12:10PM

In my experience it's a generational differentiation. Arrogance accompanies the 40 - 60 year olds, and the Entitlement comes with the 25 - 39 year olds.

Oh, and fuck you too, Potgut Penis!

Just sayin'...

Ron

Posted by: mcarp ( )
Date: June 14, 2011 12:29PM

Funny, I was just thinking about this earlier today. I'm about to go to scout camp with 3 scouts (out of my 6) who have the worst entitlement attitudes I've ever seen.

Each of the 3 believes that rule were made for other people. Especially safety rules. "You need to do the swim test." "No, I don't. I can swim better than anyone else in the troop."

I swear, if I don't kill one of them next week it will be a freaking miracle.

And they are never wrong. (I guess that's the arrogance part.) If I ask them, "Why aren't you wearing your scout uniform?" they go into a 2 minute tirade about how it doesn't fit or it is uncomfortable or it was dirty or my mom put it somewhere and I can't find it.

Geez, I want to punch them in the face. Two weeks ago, one of them started in with it and I said, "Stop it. I'm tired of listening to excuses" and I just walked away from him.

I'm generally a pretty easy guy to get along with, but I swear they are pushing me over the edge.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: June 14, 2011 12:35PM

I admire for your bravey mcarp on all these different LDS-related forums.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: June 14, 2011 12:49PM

And of course I'm entitled -- I breathe, don't I? Do you know how much trouble I go through just to breathe so you can be blessed by my presence in your world? I mean, REALLY! Some people just don't know how to show gratitude!

;)

I heart you, GLA.

Date: June 14, 2011 01:45PM

You, honey, have the goods to back it up! ;)

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: June 14, 2011 12:51PM

Please! I'm eating breakfast here!

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: June 14, 2011 12:53PM

baura Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please! I'm eating breakfast here!

Shoulda gotten your ass outta bed earlier! :)

Just sayin'...

Ron

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.