Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: JoeSmith666 ( )
Date: October 22, 2018 11:05AM

We know Nellie made a big deal of using the FULL name of the church - though his use of "even" is the same as Jesus revealed name in D&C I don't see it being used.

What I do see is the style guide for publication and the LDS websites using THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST after the first full name use.

THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST is the legal name of another Church. It is an LDS offshoot. But - it owns the legal right to the name. LDS,inc in Salt Lake City does not own the right to the name in any way.

So, WHY are the Salt Lake mormons pushing that name? Their use is dishonest in every way.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 22, 2018 11:08AM

The "why" is easy -- too many people associate "mormon" with weird, polygamy, cult, etc. They want to lessen the impression that word brings up, and promote a more mainstream view, one that makes them seem less odd and weird, and more part of the overall christian landscape.

Honesty isn't all that important to them. Good PR is.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: October 22, 2018 02:45PM

"Honesty isn't all that important to them. Good PR is."

Hence, the clean cut boys in coats and ties showing up at your door answering the questions that you should have asked.
There is no honesty in selling mormonism.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 22, 2018 03:44PM

I agree.
I tried doing it for 2 years...even after 37 years, I still feel soiled from the effort.

Posted by: Concerned Citizen 2.0 ( )
Date: October 22, 2018 06:27PM

..."Hello sir! We are returned Missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and are now involved with Vivint Security Systems. Even though we were given the Stake and Ward lists to help us market these very fine products, there is no reason to fear a conflict of interest. We will continue to be as open and as transparent as we were on our missions!......God Bless. Now sign here........."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.