Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: just a thought ( )
Date: June 14, 2011 01:00PM

This article is so chock-full of WTF that I don't even know where to begin.

Really, Michael Young, Mormonism taught you to embrace diversity?

Really, DNews, your propaganda efforts for the church are so transparent. When did you guys stop reporting the news?

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700143996/Leaving-Utah-for-Washington-Michael-Young-says-Mormonism-taught-him-to-embrace-diversity.html?pg=2

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: NeverMoInTX ( )
Date: June 14, 2011 01:03PM

Perhaps it is the " we pride ourselves on our diversity " diversity Divine Comedy from BYU sang about in " Provo Girls " . . . " white, white, very white "

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: June 14, 2011 01:21PM

I just LOVE that song! :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84u5k4bboU4&feature=player_embedded

I can really relate because I went there for my last two years of college-- AND I GRADUATED. LOL. Loved the education, HATED the fucking breed 'em young happy valley mentaility, and I still do! I went back two years ago for one day of Women's Conference and I could only stand it for six hours at the most.

"We'd marry a tree as long as it served a mission."

ROTFLMAO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2011 01:27PM by imalive.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: June 14, 2011 01:16PM

Posted by: another guy ( )
Date: June 14, 2011 02:34PM

<"I used to watch my father who owned a supermarket and it always struck me that he performed a public service. We always think of a public service as doing something charitable for free, and that is good, but what my father did was create a business that hired people, put food on peoples' tables and performed a really valuable service to the community," Young said.>

Who does he think he's kidding? His father didn't own and operate a business in order to give people jobs - he (and every other business owner) owns and operates businesses so they can try to MAKE MONEY. Sometimes it works, and business can grow and expand so it can make more money for the owners, and sometimes it doesn't work, and the owner loses money (and the employees lose jobs).

Owning and operating businesses is not a public service - it's BUSINESS.

Posted by: anondude ( )
Date: June 14, 2011 02:39PM

I call it "living common sense". All University presidents should lead by these ways. What a dumbass.

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: June 14, 2011 02:52PM

for that young hotty.

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: June 14, 2011 02:53PM

the divorced wife of one of the Eccles family and put the Eccles' donations to the U at risk in doing so? That's diversity.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/51975588-78/university-denkers-eccles-family.html.csp

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.