Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: October 27, 2018 06:21AM

"Presented to _______________ who has met the requirements [learned enough of thee lies] for graduation from the Primary ASSociation of TCoJCoLDS"

As an LDS teen, it's just elementary SEMINARY and overrated and over-hyped 'church' "prep".

Is this still done?
Something else like it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 27, 2018 12:55PM

You don't learn anything [special] about anything important, relevant, or true. Why graduate? To make the kids feel good? They felt good already, probably BETTER. So many lies to SO many kids. Do good/ bad mormon kids still "graduate" and get a sir tif ekit?

Had 'the church' taught me half, yea 10%, [no, 1%], of the wisdom and knowledge I know now [about TMC, JS/ morMonism], or simply NOT LIED, not fabricated feel-good stories, and not OMITTED what mormonism is about, what it stands [well, lies] for, an what one can do without it, there would be need for, and certainly no difference between 'primary' and 'aculthood'.

Thoughts?
Stories?
Elaborations?

M@t

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: October 27, 2018 02:32PM

ziller can confirm this thred ~

ziller am graduate `~

Posted by: Jaxson ( )
Date: October 27, 2018 07:57PM

Long ago when I was a kid, I flunked Primary.

Back then you had to have all of the Articles of Faith memorized in order to “graduate”. I was never good at memorization, so there were some Articles of Faith I had memorized, and some I didn’t. Of course, when I turned 12 years old and it was time to be interviewed by the Primary President for “graduation”, she chose three Articles of Faith for me to recite. I recited one, half of another one, and nothing except “We believe…” on the third one. The Primary Prez told me that I would not be able to graduate from Primary that week.

But I passed with flying colors the next week. The Primary Prez had called my mother to tell her that I had failed due to not having the Articles of Faith memorized. My mother told her she would take care of it. Oh boy did she. She BEAT those Articles of Faith into me. With bumps and bruises I passed the test the next Sunday.

Hasa Diga mom.

Date: October 28, 2018 01:23AM

I graduated knowing [not necessarily believing] half of what an investigator should know before joining tscc, only it's the wrong half.

I graduated from primary because the truth was absent and the bar was so low.

Now I'm graduating life and the bar [tab] is so high, but so am I, and so I fly [solo sometimes].
There is no test, calling or assignment. No falsehoods. No guilt, shame, or bs.

M@t

Posted by: Legmaker ( )
Date: October 28, 2018 01:48AM

Not only did I pass, but I also earned a full bandalo! Anyone remember those?!!

Posted by: JulieG ( )
Date: October 28, 2018 02:19AM

I remember having to memorize the articles of faith and it really stressed me out as a kid. I don't remember a certificate for having graduated primary.

Date: October 29, 2018 09:33PM

We had to repeat lies about the mormon temple to graduate.
I just did it to get out of there, surely.

Date: November 01, 2018 03:28AM

What do the kids have to know nowadays?

Still just the particle of faithlessness?

M@t

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 01, 2018 01:50PM

But I do remember that every year we were expected to complete tasks, keep records, and get documentation that we had lived up to expectations. Everyone always acted like these programs were vital to our lives and personal development. They weren't. They were usually a waste of time and energy.

I do remember bandaloes. We had to earn little doo-dads to attach to felt strips that hung across our chests. What a lot of mindless effort for next to nothing. We should have been out playing or reading, daydreaming, or doing something else of value.

Posted by: Learn ( )
Date: November 03, 2018 06:16PM

LDS primary = in-doctor-nation (ceremony) = keepen 'em dumb.

WHY Graduate?
Mormon "learning" is NEVER done.

So, you NEVER really graduate.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 04, 2018 02:58AM

We had the bandelos. And recited the Articles of Faith, with a caveat. On graduation Sunday for Sacrament, each graduating member had to recite only one each at the pulpit in front of the room, to "pass." That came following weeks of drilling them into our brains, and then 'voila,' it was officially over.

Posted by: Primarry ( )
Date: November 05, 2018 12:08PM

I went [to have fun-and] because I had to; didn't believe any of this s*** anyway).

LDS primary is sickening, the lies, and bs: 10% true, 90% false.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.