Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: November 03, 2018 02:40PM

Most of the Mormon kids I grew up with were raped, by Mormon men, in their own homes, in the church and especially in Scout Troops.

Sexual Abuse is a huge problem in every patriarchal society where children are inculcated since birth to believe....

that old white man in the suit sitting on the stand, has ultimate power and authority over you and all the rest of us.
He represents God, aka, Santa Claus, to all of us, your family, your tribe. And we will disown you if you even think about believing otherwise.

Just look at the child rape scandal in the RC church for example, but among Mormons, it's worse in my experience.

Mormons are an infinitely less powerful, vulnerable, human being brainwashed to believe that the white old man on the stand has ultimate power and authority over you, over all of us.
That alone creates something more powerful than any other form of control. Not only does this create the impression in the victim's mind, that they're NEVER worthy to say "No!" to a person in charge of them, it also gives them the impression that, No matter how weird it gets, Mommy and Daddy are not going to be happy with you if you tell this powerful, authoritative white Man, "NO!".
And these often predatory, authoritative men, who believe themselves to be superior to EVERYbody, have a real the lust for power. They operate under a form of delusion, and begin to believe they are above the law.
It often completely overpowers men, unfortunately, especially when they're in a room with an infinitely less powerful human being.
It rarely happens with women assaulting boys. (I realize Mary Kay Letorneau and others, but that's all the more reason to speak up!)
But it happens more often than not in Mormon scout troops that are often led by sexual abusers, appointed by the men in authority to teach little boys how to become men.
Instead if they're not the Fathers of the boys in the troop, they're just the losers who've got nothing better to do.
Most Dads are home watching football all winter, so they send their innocent children off into the woods with a known pedophile, just to teach them to become real "Men".
Ever see Deliverance?
Yeah, that was my Mormon scout troop every month.
Only it was the creepy KNOWN pedophile, Jack LaHolt who was given free reign by 3 different Bishops in the Mormon church to continue on with zero repercussions over a 10 Year career MORmON child rapist, with zero accountability on anybody's part.
Guess why?
Those MEN, all FAILED in their obligation to protect me and my fellow scouts from abuse because they wanted to "Maintain the Good name of the Church".
MORmON?
That name?
Isn't that the abusive Doomsday CULT where they start their most sacred meetings by singing the praises of Joseph's Myth, a child rapist, who had 33 pretend "wives" 11 of whom were married to other men and another 11 of whom were teenagers as young as 14 who were really just his sex slaves, since he wasn't really, legally married to ANY of them, but clearly had sex with ALL of them, since that was the whole point of these relationships in the first place.
It still says that in your MORmON Bible.
It's long past time to speak up against abusers.
But they're not paying attention, at all.
I applaud those who do so in public.
Especially those who speak truth to power, in front of the kids.
They need somebody to tell the truth for once in their existence in the Abusive Doomsday CULT of Joseph's Myth.
In fact, in many of the cases I am familiar with, the MORmON parents of the rape victims, made it VERY clear that they'd disown their own children if they came forward and participated or cooperated in any way in any action against the church or any Old White Man in the church.
That just doesn't happen in Catholic church.
Just the opposite happens.
The whole family heads for the door in support of the victims.
As is the only decent thing to do.
And that's according to the attorney who's won cases against both abusive cults, who also made most of my exMormon friends independently wealthy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.