Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: November 05, 2018 01:30AM

So...we all know how the Book of Mormon supposedly was translated. Joseph Smith stuck a turd-like rock in his hat and then stuffed his face in the hat. He then claimed to see the English translation appear in the rock. He would then say what he saw and a scribe would write it down.

The early manuscripts were full of spelling and punctuation errors. I'm 100% certain that the name "Amoron" was actually supposed to be "a moron".

Moroni 9:7

"7. And now I write somewhat concerning the sufferings of this people. For according to the knowledge which I have received from Amoron [(a moron?)], behold, the Lamanites have many prisoners, which they took from the tower of Sherrizah; and there were men, women, and children."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: November 05, 2018 07:03PM

This info then "translates" to the marvelous name Prophet Nelson missed........drum role please.....

The Moron Church

This name preserves the church's heritage and its geneology while being short and quick to pronounce. Of course it captures the complete essence of the whole Joey-movement which thought that no one would ever discover the moronic con as he, and his buddies, were the only bright bulbs in the bunch.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.