Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: November 06, 2018 12:25AM

As reported on the now ironically named "Mormon News Room" website about a week ago, Sister Nelson excitedly informed the public that she believes that it appears that President Nelson has been unleashed to do stuff that he wouldn't be doing if he was leashed.

Now, a sister organization known as the Daily Mormon News Adjuster reports that Sister Nelson would like to correct her previous statement.

Apparently, her previous comments about President Nelson becoming unleashed were based on a private letter that he had sent to her in which he had stated that "I believe that I am now loosing my mind. I will surely loose my mind completely within the next year or so."

Sister Nelson says that she initially understood those statements as referring to an unleashing of his mind, such that boundaries established by traditions would be transcended as the Nelson became free to apply his mind in new, innovative and inspired ways.

Pursuant to private discussions with her husband, however, she learned that he actually had intended to say that he was losing his mind and surely would lose his mind completely in the near future. It seems he had made a common spelling error in his letter, as a result of confusing the spelling of "lose" with the spelling of the word "loose".

For the record, Sister Nelson stated that she believes that the results will be the same anyway, reminding us that "it's always been in God's good hands."

Sister Nelson's previous statement:

“I have seen him changing in the last ten months,” said Sister Nelson. “It is as though he's been unleashed. He's free to finally do what he came to earth to do. … And also, he's free to follow through with things he's been concerned about but could never do. Now that he's president of [the Church], he can do those things.”

https://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/latter-day-saint-prophet-wife-apostle-share-insights-global-ministry

----------
{Portions of the above commentary may or may not be satirical in nature.}

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 06, 2018 12:45AM

I had hopes of Russell donning a spandex mask, undergoing a training regimen in the spirit of Nacho Libre, and entering the ring as “The Full Nelson”.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.