Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: December 05, 2018 01:11PM

Why not end them all?

That's what Rusty wanted in the first place. Must be a sure sign that members aren't terribly pleased with their jet-setting profiteer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Former member of The Tabernacl ( )
Date: December 05, 2018 01:22PM

e Choir at Temple Square, formerly known as The Mormon Tabernacle Choir

Why did the church leaders have to reach a decision on this? Why do they have to give some sort of very lame explanation why some pageants are cancelled? The Mormons have a prophet, so why doesn't God just tell him what to do already.

"Local Church leaders and members are encouraged to focus on gospel learning in their homes and to participate in Sabbath worship and the church’s supporting programs for children, youth, individuals and families," Wednesday's statement said."

This same explanation has been repeated, word for word, many times in the media. I guess this is the Mormons' new scripted answer. You'd thing the Mormon PR experts would come up with something better that that.

"The goal of every activity in the church should be to increase faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and to share his gospel message throughout the world."

Does Mormonism and enjoyment have to always be mutually exclusive? Isn't Christ's message: Love?

"Local celebrations of culture and history may be appropriate. Larger productions, such as pageants, are discouraged."

I agree with them. Mormon pageants make me discouraged, too. And bored, hot, and tired.

Posted by: Exminionkk ( )
Date: December 05, 2018 01:48PM

Perhaps all the demonstrations made the pageants discouraged.

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: December 06, 2018 12:46AM

So, no more "Mormons." And then, one of the pageants getting the ax is the Hill Cumorah pageant, which is entirely about their founding document, the Book of Mormon, at the site of its purported recovery.

What's the over/under on 15 years from now, the Church President, when asked about the divine origins of the Book of Mormon, answering, "I don't know that we ever taught that"?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 06, 2018 01:25AM

with ChurchCo, CENCOM always comes first, no matter what the issue is, no matter what the issue, no matter how it effected the locals.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.