Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 13, 2018 05:15AM

"The potential move coincides with a decline in membership and mounting legal fees connected to a series of lawsuits related to the organization’s management of sexual abuse allegations."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: December 13, 2018 06:56AM

maybe changing their name can help them escape their enemies (lawsuits)? Hey this is what old Joe thought when he changed Kirtland banking society to Kirtland "anti" banking society.

If they can reorganize, wipe out the past, tell everyone we aren't like that anymore. The law will forgive and everyone will get distracted.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: December 13, 2018 08:14AM

all in all, I thought that BSA was a large net positive, which is a lot more good than can be said for MORmONISM, in spite of brainless MORmON insistence that MORmONISM is the greatest thing ever. my problem with scouting, besides the fact that it was directly linked to THE highly problematic and abusive (MORmON) church in my particular instance, is that MORmONISM was too generalized. a person can only go to a very limited extent in any one area with scouting, because the emphasis always turns back to scouting instead of any particular specialized interest. They do not have the photography scouts or the motocross scouts or the baseball scouts.

I knew what my particular interests were, and I wanted to concentrate on them, when I was not being worked by my MORmON parents like a slave doing farm labor or doing churchin' activities as required by my MORmON parents. There was barely any time or energy left for school when my MORmON parents and their damned always demanding MORmON religion was done dominating my schedule. Time for my real interests was at a very high premium. When I was finally the priest quorum president/ ward junior scout leader, I simply did NOT care about trying to figure out very inexpensive activities to try to activate inactive boys that did not want to be activated, activities that somehow always seemed to turn out to very boring and meaningless to me, like bowling or dancing which I did not give a damn about. apologies to people that love bowling or dancing, but just as much that does NOT include me and I am entitled to my preferences too. My preference was working on my car. I really wanted to work on my car, and I did NOT want some other mechanically inept kids that did NOT care about it attempting to work on it either. That left me at odds with scouting which was turning out to be a HUGE nuisance in my very time limited MORmONISM dominated life.

Even so, I am sorry to see Scouting go under because I think the program was beneficial to many others .......I mean the ones who did not get raped or molested. Funny thing, IF the Hell's Angels would have been allowed to have a chapter of the Boy Scouts that probably never would have happened, even though some other questionable stuff might have gone on, but as BSA was linked with the catholic church and the MORmON church -molestation seems to have ran rampant. as things were for me, I had to wait for the MORmON temple endowment to experience that. .....*Thanks* MORmONISM !!!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 13, 2018 08:42AM

Does BSA still hate gays and Atheists ?

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: December 13, 2018 01:06PM

Mormonism ruined the Boyscouts.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.