Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Oremite ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 06:55PM

Ok short and funny story. A friends mom taught a grandson (or great grandson not sure) of monson at an elementary school recently and one day she asked the little boy, "Do you get to see your grandpa a lot?" the boy replied "yeah we go visit him often" then my friends mom asked "does he give you blessings?" and the boy said matter of factly, "no he sits in his chair and watches TV." she didn't know what to say.

I about died from laughter when I heard this. These FOOLS who look to him as something he's not. Foolish TBM's! I want to know do ANY TBM's ever wonder what "the lords prophet" is doing when he's not conducting business for the Corp? Does anyone really know that he is sitting there in his over stuffed microsuede La-Z-Boy watching Jersey Shore, Rachel Rey, and What NOT To Wear?! FOOLS!!! I told my TBM the story and she laughed a little...but nothing else came from it.(darn it!) After all I adamantly told her once before they were all just men, and she went into her programmed testimony mode. Haha!

Please share your thoughts...!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 06:57PM

Even the profit gets tired. Give him a break!

Date: June 15, 2011 07:25PM

A break?! Uhm NO the Lords Profit$ should never have a break! They should be working just as hard as the missionaries! (ok the profit can have a P day but that's it!) we need to hustle, it's the end of days! Adam & all of the faithful priesthood holders will soon be meeting at Adam-ondhi-ahman (spelling?) The lard is a comin down to the New Jerusalem soon! No time to waste watchin TV!!! NO BREAKS!

Date: June 15, 2011 07:26PM

Ahhh but you see the widows have might!

He be spent yo, he be spent!

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 07:28PM

You tell 'im! Guzzle a pepsi and get back to work Tommy!

Date: June 15, 2011 07:30PM

Ok looks like i have engaged in loud laughter
Light mindedness and evil speaking of the anointed!

oy vey!

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 07:05PM

Date: June 15, 2011 07:19PM

The Widows Might...now that I think about it it is a very creepy story!

Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 07:34PM

watch T.V. I remember him letting me sip his coffee, read me stories, blow out the match he used to light his pipe, take walks with me, etc. Having us visit was a treat for him because he didn't have a giant LDS troop of kids and grand kids, he wasn't worn to a frazzle from church callings, and he was a reader. I know he watched T.V. after I was put to bed but I never saw it.

Glad I was raised non-LDS and in a different era.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 07:38PM

You will note that the "walks and talks and has cookies and milk with Jesus on a regular basis" image that the average TBM has is not something that is ever explicitly claimed by the leaders. More importantly it is not ever explicitly denied. This is the real of "plausible deniability" where the brethren like to dwell, having their cake and eating it too.

Date: June 15, 2011 07:41PM

YES! This is what I was trying to convey! Great way in putting it baura.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 07:47PM

Of course he has to watch TV. How else would he know about the next thing to make a sin. He has to relate to the flock, who are living out "sinful" lives vicariously through the TV. He's trying to stay cuturally relevant to his flock. It's hard work.

Pay no attention to that man in his recliner!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.