Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: January 08, 2019 12:14AM

Metoo.

My grandmother had this chart taped to the wall in her kitchen.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 08, 2019 02:42AM

Nobody has ever come back from the dead and confirmed that church doctrine is the least bit accurate.

But there’s this: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WO1jIk3XeKw

If you’re going to invest heavily in ideas that are provably pulled out of somebody’s butt, at least it should be your own butt.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 08, 2019 05:26PM

If any of that chart is real, Joseph Smith & Brigham Young (among many other prominent mormons) will be in the "dishonest, liars...adulterers, whoremongers" group. I'd rather be in "outer darkness" than anywhere with those two for eternity anyway.

Don't worry, though -- none of that chart is real :)

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 09, 2019 03:50AM

Except those men all have their Get Out Of Jail Free cards.

So you are on your own.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: January 08, 2019 06:58PM

OK, I'm looking at the chart, which is the first time I've ever seen it, as a Califoria-born BIC Mormon.

I'm confused. I see three (3) degrees of glory within the golden orb of the Celestial Kingdom. I have never heard of these, and can't read the labeling on these.

I thought there were only 3 degrees of glory, period:

1. Celestial Kingdom
2. Terrestrial Kingdom
3. Telestial Kingdom
(spelling?)

Then, where I will go, which looks good on the chart--like an untouched island away from all the BS, judgments, and lies.

Please, anybody? What are those inner 3 degrees in the celestial kingdom? Does the stratification never end? What are the "rules of visitation between the inner 3 degrees? Can the soul in the lower Celestial Kingdom visit the souls in the highest Celestial Kingdom, or would one need a celestial temple recommend to go there?

Oh, I have a headache from all of this....

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 08, 2019 07:35PM

What I was told about this years ago was that the highest degree of the CK was for those who practiced polygamy and were the most righteous on Earth. The Celestial Celebrities. They would be the Gods.

The second degree was for those who didn't practice polygamy but were righteous on Earth--paid tithing, didn't drink coffee, never wore more than one earring and never said the word "Mormon" and were of light complexion. These would be the masses or perhaps a better word is "filler." Celebrities need someone to adore them. Or I guess "worship" is the correct word with the religious.

The lowest tier of the CK are ministering angels--glorified hired help and gofers. Probably the gays who stayed true to the church, denied their true selves, and led miserable lives on earth. And the "sweet spirit" women who stayed true to the church and were miserable on earth, but went to the temple and got heir endowments veil and all. You gotta have a veil if you want to get to the CK--or used to. Hard to keep up with the changes. The ministering angels will cater the events of the celebrities, decorate, and prepare the gift bags as well as be the hostesses at the restaurants, and caddies at the Golf Courses.

Joseph Smith had his black servant sealed to him to be his servant in the CK which of course proves the church was never racist. :) Hahahahaha

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: January 08, 2019 08:33PM

Done & Done Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What I was told about this years ago was that the
> highest degree of the CK was for those who
> practiced polygamy and were the most righteous on
> Earth. The Celestial Celebrities. They would be
> the Gods.
>
> The second degree was for those who didn't
> practice polygamy but were righteous on
> Earth--paid tithing, didn't drink coffee, never
> wore more than one earring and never said the word
> "Mormon" and were of light complexion. These
> would be the masses or perhaps a better word is
> "filler." Celebrities need someone to adore them.
> Or I guess "worship" is the correct word with the
> religious.
>
> The lowest tier of the CK are ministering
> angels--glorified hired help and gofers. Probably
> the gays who stayed true to the church, denied
> their true selves, and led miserable lives on
> earth. And the "sweet spirit" women who stayed
> true to the church and were miserable on earth,
> but went to the temple and got heir endowments
> veil and all. You gotta have a veil if you want
> to get to the CK--or used to. Hard to keep up
> with the changes. The ministering angels will
> cater the events of the celebrities, decorate, and
> prepare the gift bags as well as be the hostesses
> at the restaurants, and caddies at the Golf
> Courses.
>
> Joseph Smith had his black servant sealed to him
> to be his servant in the CK which of course proves
> the church was never r?acist. :) Hahahahaha
Wow it hurts to remember I used to defend that bullshit , on a mission to OZ.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 09, 2019 03:53AM

We were all taught that temple marriage, not polygamy, was the ticket to the top level of the CK.

But of course it was all about polygamy. . .

That's what the New & Everlasting Covenant was, after all.

Date: January 09, 2019 09:33AM

Yeah. The "polygamy" word was never used. You had to read between the lines ---like all things Mormon. They save the front page for the milk.

Date: January 08, 2019 07:55PM

This letter highlights a very important point. Even when your Mormon family "loves you anyway," the fact remains that since they believe their prophet and their church's teachings regarding who we are as apostates, means their love isn't worth much if you can even call it love.

My TBM family is "accepting" of me, but they believe all their prophet says--which means they lovingly believe the very worst about me. Where does that leave me? This leaves the relationship in that place where it's not bad enough to leave but neither is it good enough to stay--that "luke warm" that the supposed Jesus referred to that even he would spit out. Which I guess means he wouldn't stay. So why am I?

Mormonism ruins families in more ways than just the shunning. Sometimes shunning would be a gift of mercy. And not one of those G.D. Tender Mercies, either!

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: January 09, 2019 03:41AM

Thank you, Done & Done, for answering my questions! And using such entertaining analogies! You must have been a Sunday school teacher in your former life! LOL!

A close relative of mine was a high-ranking GA, and he told us kids that no one--not even Joseph Smith--knew anything about the Hereafter. He would laugh and say, "No one has ever died and gone there, and then returned back to tell about it." My parents deliberately didn't talk about the kingdoms and three degrees and all that junk.

They certainly did NOT tell me that only polygamists would be in the highest degree of the Celestial Kingdom!

I was told, after my divorce, that I was still sealed to my temple ex, and because of that, my children who were fathered by my second husband were sealed to me, through that eternal sealing. Well--I didn't want to be "eternally sealed" to a horribly brute who almost killed me, much less my innocent children be sealed as his possessions. The bishopric and the stake presidency, who visited me when I was trying to get a temple divorce, all told me that I was lucky! They said that If I was a very, very good Mormon, I might possibly earn the position of "ministering angel" in the hereafter!

I went to the temple a few times after that, and I remember filing through the hallway and up the stairs, behind the three single-woman friends I went with--all of us in identical robes and veils--and the words kept repeating in my head: "ministering angels, ministering angels." It was a depressing, hopeless, thought. My friends gave up. One is on antidepressants, and they aren't working at all. Two tried re-marriages that were disasters. I was lucky, I escaped the cult, and discovered there is no such thing as "ministering angels" or the Mormon "celestial kingdom." I'm not terrified of dying, anymore.

Date: January 09, 2019 09:40AM

What they really meant when they said "Ministering Angel" was "LOSER!" Wasn't hard to figure that out. Glad you "got" my explanation.

The only difference is in the CK you are expected to be thrilled to be there (theirs) at all, so I guess there will be anti-depressants there as well for the ministering angels and the brood mare wives.

So glad you found your way to a better place, exminion.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 09, 2019 09:43AM

Posted by: blacksheep1 ( )
Date: January 10, 2019 06:06PM

Hilarious! and on point. I genuinely laughed aloud a few times.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: January 10, 2019 10:10AM

Don't get on that hamster wheel you describe of always contemplating what others believe. If they are trying to be civil at least, enjoy the demilitarized zone of religion you exist in with them.

My father quit telling me all about how I was going to go to outer darkness and for the last few times I saw him, didn't bring up religion, other than his silly stories about how his dead relatives were trying to get him to do their temple work. But yeah, I knew he believed I was doomed to O.D., but that was his problem, not mine.

He had plenty of time while he was bed-ridden to stew about it apparently, because he got himself to a place where he thought he'd be able to convince good ol mormon gawdalmighty that I really didn't know what I was doing when I left the church and that he could plead my case for leniency. It gave him some peace, I guess, so fine. But one of the last things he told me was that he was going to plead my case to the father and that he'd save a place for me.

I flat out told him, not to bother, because if I got to heaven and found out I had to spend eternity with people who were just like him, I'd mount my own defense with "the father" as to why I needed to be banned to outer darkness.

You won't change their minds, so don't cause yourself any consternation wondering what they're thinking if they're at least trying not to be ugly.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: January 10, 2019 10:12AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2019 10:12AM by NormaRae.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.