Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: January 16, 2019 10:22PM

...over-billed its Cash-Cow Client for "legal" services rendered???

And/Or can somebody explain to me just what might constitute the legal definition of "Misappropriation" of tithing funds if any creative billing were to occur???

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 17, 2019 02:21AM

One Thing for sure: We'll Never Know!

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: January 17, 2019 03:22AM

the top guys at ChurchCo and the top guys at KM, nobody would call it "over-billing" and nobody would be the wiser. When you look at the swindling, rent-seeking, self-serving profiteering that Brigham Young engaged in as a matter of course, it's not much of a stretch to imagine that a fairly small group of well-connected families and companies close to the Q15 could be making out like bandits--especially when you consider how careful the ChurchCo leaders are to prevent any kind of transparency.

Posted by: Justin ( )
Date: January 17, 2019 09:03AM

Do you ever wonder what an outsider like Uchtdorf really thinks of what he is seeing?

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: January 17, 2019 02:22PM

With multiple vacation homes, he benefits from the opacity. Most of the insulated corporate types are actually political liberals. Suppression of financial data, which would be criminal in a publicly traded corporation, is a great way to profess fake concern for poor people or refugees while indulging in private luxury.

While I don't consider Dieter a swindler, that setup is a swindler's dream. Someone has got to be milking it for hundreds of millions every year.

Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: January 17, 2019 04:11PM

Historischer said:

"Someone has got to be milking it for hundreds of millions every year."

Seriously no doubt "H"...especially when you also consider ALL the misappropriation of tithing $$$ that trickles down through by nepotism alone to construction companies and all of those ancillary construction services involved just in that part of the building up of the Lard's Kingdom via LDS-INC.

Without Financial transparency the sky's the limit with these CROOKS!!!

Or so it seems to me...

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: January 17, 2019 11:25AM

I am fairly certain that the the church bureaucracy makes sure that the church pays top dollar for services with a generous bonus. I can't imagine K-M nickle and dime-ing the church for every service and fee. Probably, one giant amount that covers "the works."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2019 11:27AM by messygoop.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 17, 2019 03:01PM

That's probably true. The church probably pays a large umbrella retainer.

Posted by: Leaving ( )
Date: January 18, 2019 11:38PM

BeenThereDunnThatExMo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
can somebody explain to me just what might constitute the legal definition of "Misappropriation" of tithing funds if any creative billing were to occur???

The disclaimer at he bottom of the tithing slip guarantees that misappropriation cannot occur.

"Though reasonable efforts will be made to use donations as designated, all donations become the Church's property and will be used at the Church's sole discretion to further the Church's overall mission."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.