Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 10, 2019 10:08AM

In Salt Lake City where he grew up. She was not Jewish but a Tongan woman his mother had hired to watch after him and his siblings in their SLC household. The abuse began when he was eight years old. It ended when he turned eighteen.

He can count over 100 times when she was alone with him, training him on how to be a "good husband" for when he grew up. He has carried shame and guilt for years believing he was responsible for what had happened. His parents didn't have any idea what was happening right under their roof during that time.

Finally after he was married and became a father himself he watched a CSI program on TV where a child sexual victim was able to get help and their molester prosecuted. For the first time he started processing that he was not to blame. He finally came forward to his parents, his wife, and to the police.

Now he's going to court and recounting his story to prosecutors on the witness stand. His nanny is 69 years old today. He is 27.

Elizabeth Smart has befriended him and is mentoring him to help him get through this process.

It's rare for men in the Orthodox Jewish world to go public if they are victims of sexual abuse. He's hopeful this is going to help the Orthodox community at the same time he's bringing a sense of closure to himself so he can heal from those wounds of his past.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900054112/exclusive-a-utah-orthodox-rabbi-said-his-childhood-nanny-sexually-abused-him-for-10-years-heres-why-he-kept-it-a-secret-for-decades-and-he-decided-to-tell-his-story-for-the-first-time-elizabeth-smart-aly-raisman-me-too.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 10, 2019 04:07PM

The rabbi's molester, 69 year old Alavina Florreich, has no remorse or qualms about being a pedophile.

She had to know what she was doing was illegal and illicit because she went to such lengths to hide it from his family for all those years! I hope the court throws the book at her!

She's being charged with "five counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a child, a first-degree felony and two counts of forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony.... [and] 131 counts of child abuse."

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/orthodox-rabbi-tells-court-of-sexual-abuse-by-nanny-as-a-child/

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: February 10, 2019 04:26PM

Interesting way of building bridges between Judaism and LDS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2019 04:28PM by babyloncansuckit.

Posted by: Concerned Citizen 2.0 ( )
Date: February 10, 2019 04:20PM

...this woman.......hideous. How could a kid get aroused by that? Had to be forced.............

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: February 11, 2019 12:59PM

In the industry that I worked, I was astonished by the number of males sexually assaulted-- but still grossly under-reported.

Family/friend campouts were a very common venue for boys to be victimized.

Date: February 11, 2019 04:13PM

What I found shocking about this news story was the woman was an integral part of his family while he was growing up. She was included in family trips and such.

From the time he was a little boy of eight until he was eighteen the abuse continued. Why only him? She groomed him to be her victim. The other children were left unscathed apparently.

It's more common for boys to be victimized by adult men like in scouting or the church. He is the first among Orthodox Jewish men to come out in the "MeToo" movement.

The woman is pernicious in her arrogance and attitude that she didn't harm him. What a sick person she is. She had to know what she was doing was illegal for her to hide it all those years. If she even has a conscience which I doubt.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.