Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 12, 2019 10:40AM

That's what RfM is to ex-Mos. We are like matter to the 'antimatter' of Mormonism.

"Notoriously, matter and antimatter destroy each other, or annihilate, whenever they come into contact. An electron and a positron mutually destruct in a puff of light consisting of two photons sent out in precisely opposite directions, each with an energy corresponding exactly to the mass of the electron (and positron)."

https://www.newscientist.com/round-up/antimatter-mysteries/

So, are we at war with Eastasia? As long as Mormonism remains, we are at war with it.

“The past was alterable. The past never had been altered. Oceania was at war with Eastasia. Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia.”

~ Orwell

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mel ( )
Date: February 12, 2019 10:49AM

Amyjo,

the only quote I can summon up to your point is from the Princess Bride: "Never get involved in a land war in Asia!"

Date: February 12, 2019 11:00AM

He he.

I can appreciate that. :)

Mormonism is so toxic that it makes me think how destructive it is, like antimatter is in science. When it meets with matter, it self-destructs.

A downside is that matter becomes annihilated too. Kind of like a Star Wars battle. In Star Wars when a Jedi dies in battle, his spirit rises and actually becomes stronger because he's given other powers he didn't have when he was mortal. (Think Obi-Wan Kenobe.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2019 11:02AM by Amyjo.

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: February 12, 2019 03:50PM

Yes indeed, I don't see anybody coming back stronger and with Jedi powers no matter how many temple visits they made!

I like your analogy, Amyjo!

Date: February 12, 2019 09:28PM

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of converting matter into energy - which has the potential to become special super powers. ;-)

That could be a boon for us ex-Mos who transcend one realm to another ie, via enlightenment and self-actualization.

https://goo.gl/images/CxArG1

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: February 12, 2019 11:30PM

Your Vedantic past is showing!!

Date: February 13, 2019 07:54AM

That and trying to make sense of this carousel ride.

:D

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.