Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: March 17, 2019 03:15PM

I'd be curious to know why Amazon.com sends me this in my daily or more Amazon emails?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FPYOC5K?ref=em_1p_0_ti&ref_=pe_2313390_400696020

Don't remember ever searching for something like this on purpose.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: March 17, 2019 04:00PM

Like I said. Temples are the idols Mormons worship. They are the golden calf in the form of a building.

Hang pictures of the temple in your homes. Have little temple statues in your home. Make temple cookies. Heck. They probably have temple Halloween costumes where you can dress up and look like a temple with a gold Moroni on top of your head.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 17, 2019 04:22PM

Check out “Frequently bought together”.

Indoctrinate much?

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: March 17, 2019 05:48PM

And scroll down a line, and look at the clothes Amazon is advertising for people who buy temple cookie cutters.

Temples have to stand out--they are for advertising. They have to have that unique Mormon style, and the gaudier and more austentatious the better! Hell with ruining the neighborhood, the views, the ambience of historic sites. Mormons want to be noticed!

As Nelson said recently, about the Catholic Nation: "Now we are on their radar." Mormon spokespersons in the media admitted that this is a main purpose of the Rome temple--so Mormons will be noticed as a world-wide religion, just as important as the Catholics. Right...dream on, Rusty.

Date: March 17, 2019 07:00PM

“Now we are on their radar."

Isn’t that what the Japanese said about Pearl Harbor?

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: March 17, 2019 09:45PM

Haha! I would say the church leadership have an inferiority complex. The Catholic church used to be the church of the devil according to early church leaders and now the church leadership are begging for attention from the Catholic church.

The church once before fell into the mistake of thinking building elaborate buildings would increase the membership. This did not happen and in 1959 the church had $33 million of debt due to building such buildings.

Today it looks like they are doing the same thing. Build expensive buildings in prominent areas like downtown Philadelphia and Rome and hope it inspires the existing membership to stay and makes others want to join. It won't work.

The church is pretty much playing expensive public relation games that won't reap much of anything but will cost a lot.

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: March 17, 2019 11:01PM

Rubicon,

Agree it won’t work, building temples in prominent places, because they don’t let people in!

Interesting about the debt. Thanks!

Date: March 18, 2019 12:08AM

“church had $33 million of debt due to building such buildings.”

But good debt: Those properties were tax-free real estate, even better than Ray Kroc’s McDonalds empire.

Temple usage keeps dropping, but they keep building more. It’s all about tax avoidance and money laundering. How do they get away with it? I suspect their cozy relationship with 3-letter agencies who need such laundering services goes both ways.

Date: March 17, 2019 11:08PM

Well I clicked on it so I suppose amazon’s algorithms will stuff it into my account to pop up somewhere also.

I thought the reviews were suspiciously over-complimentary! All either 4 or 5 stars.

Is the shield advertised as a related cookie to make some sort of temple symbol?

Posted by: geekchick603 ( )
Date: March 18, 2019 02:59PM

The shield cookie cutter is for making a CTR (Choose The Right) shield similar to the shield form on the CTR ring. Probably used for baptismal parties.

Date: March 18, 2019 06:47PM

geekchick603 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The shield cookie cutter is for making a CTR (Choose The Right) shield

Ah, thanks for explaining. I will be on the lookout for some more appropriate cookie cutters for myself which are for (Choose the Left) and (Choose the Wrong) or maybe (Don't Choose the Church).

Posted by: You Too? ( )
Date: March 20, 2019 01:09PM

I had no idea and now I wish I still didn't.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 20, 2019 04:06PM

Imagine back when they anointed your groin. Here little kid, enjoy this cookie. When you are grown your groin will be anointed there...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.