Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: June 17, 2011 03:19PM

After reading about the BoM Musical I'm curious whether the missionaries will even bother to lie or obfuscate the truth when they know everybody is just a click a way from finding them out.

When an Elder is pressed on whether god really lives in the star system Kolob, will they pull a Gordon B Wrinkley and pretend ignorance? It's canonized scripture, after all. I just googled Kolob and the first hit is wikipedia talking all about it. If you type Kolob into google images you get some amazing pictures of people in temple robes.

If asked what did god change his mind about in 1978 regarding black people, how are they going to spin it? Or will they try?

I keep thinking about how I would have handled it if I'd been called to New York on a mission right now. My mission was pretty anti-mormon, but nothing like New York will be after a few weeks. And by "anti-mormon" I don't mean hostile, just well informed and curious.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.