Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tamboruco ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 03:25PM

you have to realize you're in trouble. If your having trouble keeping membership, growing and maintaining relevancy why not build, build, build? After all - aren't magnificent buildings a sign of success?

The point of my post - I have always maintained that any organization, even your own family, is what it is because of the PEOPLE that participate in it. The org becomes strong and grows because of PEOPLE who really believe in and/or feel comfortable, etc. in the org. ChurchCo can build all they want but behind the stained glass and granite exteriors there are conflicted PEOPLE who wonder what they signed up for. These PEOPLE have been infected with the TRUTH. Instead of admiration for a temple prominently placed near a major roadway, the casual observer now says 'oh - that belongs to those bizarre Mormons'. There are multiple, informational related viruses that continue to infect the PEOPLE in the church. And may this plague of TRUTH continue.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Screen Name ( )
Date: April 29, 2019 07:18PM

Buildings mean only one thing. The hope for permanent returns.

Sadly, there are no permanent returns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFG_lVaBZSY

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: April 30, 2019 07:07AM

A tax shelter is a nice return. TSCC is dumping its low end properties in favor of high end ones. They’re not trying to grow the religion anymore. They only need enough people for the “religious use” tax exemption.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: April 29, 2019 09:49PM

yep ~

in b 4 ~ like a real estate corporation will put people b 4 prophets ~

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: April 30, 2019 02:37AM

what surprises me about this upcoming remodel for "seismic improvements" is that I was always taught that this building would stand through the millennium, the 14 foot thick walls were suppose to be stronger than the pyramids. And this building would never fall down because BY built it so well. Guess that's a pile of crap.

There wasn't a vote from the members on this. No one in the hierarchy cares what people actually want or think. It's just bad

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: April 30, 2019 03:59AM

at quite a rapid rate too. They just don't draw attention to that side of things.

I still think that the Temple Winnebago idea is THE new thing that could really excite the members. They could even combine that with a Visitors Center Winnebago program.

Traveling around the country in tandem. Visiting campgrounds and abandoned shopping mall parking lots. Worthy Mormons can take advantage of the convenience of the Temple Winnebago (with inflatable baptismal font and expandable celestial room tent attachment), while curious non-Mormons can visit the Visitors Center Winnebago to learn more.

Many retired couples would love to serve on a "Winnebago Mission". The Church could probably fund a fleet of 20 Temple Winnebagos for 10 years at the same cost of building and maintaining just one temple building.

It's an idea whose time has come. I'm sure it's a revelation that God is trying to give to Rusty and Wendy. Probably just got stuck somewhere inside that light pen.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: April 30, 2019 05:30AM

Already been proposed.

http://www.salamandersociety.com/temple/

Keep scrolling down until you see the Winnebago temple.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 30, 2019 03:42PM

Temple Cruise? Get another wife in International Waters? Initatories without a shield? The mind boggles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2019 03:43PM by Elder Berry.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 30, 2019 06:45AM

To me, the church is like Sears. It is past its height of relevancy and customer interest (maybe the 1960s to 1980s.) It has expanded well past the point of sanity (i.e. church temple building, splitting wards.) The products that it has kept are mediocre (doctrines, policies,) and it has gotten rid of things that customers actually want (fun activities, community-building.) Sears had demanded a lot of its customers (i.e. asking you a dozen questions at the cash register when all you want to do is buy a package of socks,) just as the church demands a lot of you (callings, church cleaning, etc.)

Sears has been consistently mismanaged, and so has the Mormon church. At least the church has a good stock portfolio.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 30, 2019 10:54AM

You can't just go through the checkout and not be asked multiple questions including the ones about "would you like to contribute towards ______?"

This is one of the reasons I quit Sam's. I thought I'd work 1 day a week to keep the free membership and see the clearance sales before they are all sold out, but the push to force the cashiers to HARD SELL the plus memberships. Instead of advancing the part timers to full time, if you didn't get 2 plus memberships a shift, you can't be full time. They will now hire outside the store for full timers. One of the guys has a family and NEEDS full time, but he doesn't get enough plus memberships. So when I left I told them what I thought of their push for plus memberships. It is THE ONLY THING they focus on.

You seem to see it almost everywhere you go these days. Being a cashier (and myself a customer), I saw the reaction of the customers. It seems "management" in all aspects of life just doesn't get it anymore. Like my boyfriend said, "We are all just commodities."

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 30, 2019 03:40PM

Sometimes I have plaintively told the cashier, "Please just get me out of the store." I know that they are required to interrogate you, but it's too much.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: April 30, 2019 10:27AM

For a lot of people, renovating their house is the most exciting thing in their life. "Woo-hoo! We'll be just like HGTV!"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.