Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: June 18, 2011 08:54PM

Well I'll be!

I love it. How insightful. How well she knows me.

This one has always loved me, so yeah, that was very sweet, makes me wanna go back :)

She was gracious, she was loving, she is taking me out to lunch
"I just want to see your face. I don't want to talk over the phone!

I am not worried about you. You have always been a seeker of truth and I am glad to have you for a friend!"

VT ROCKS!

She came to visit me. Sent me an email and told me she is glad she met me and we are going to be great friends!

Former Mission buddy and very close friend:

I love you and you deserve to be happy!

Well folks, you know as well as I know, they are not all NUCKING FUTS!

I am humbled and grateful!

Ahhhhhhhh!

Where is the chocolate wine [Beulahland you forget to mention this important detail]!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2011 08:56PM by AIC.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 18, 2011 10:26PM

That's an interesting phrase your friend used, "doctrinal issues." Mainstream Christians leave one denomination in favor of another over doctrinal issues all the time. They are not sinning (well, not any more than usual, lol) they are not offended, nor are they lazy. They simply disagree with their former church's doctrine, while finding a better fit with a different denomination. So I would say that the use of that phrase is very enlightened on the part of your friend. It bodes well!

Date: June 18, 2011 11:07PM

She knows me. I wouldn't be leaving because I didn't get married :) as many in my age group have done!

Posted by: beulahland ( )
Date: June 18, 2011 11:25PM

Chocolate wine sounds gross. There's some chocolate liqueur that's worth trying, but you have to let me know if you progress on to the harder stuff before I start throwing out those recommendations.

Glad to hear you have some real friends. All the Mormons I know are the same way, but since I'm NOT a Mormon it would make sense that I would really only have the opportunity to make friends with the open minded and cool ones.

Date: June 18, 2011 11:30PM

Well we shall see how it is.

Well I didn't have many friends, so not too worried. I should probably email my RS and tell I am not teaching tomorrow. To be honest I don't care!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.