Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: June 19, 2011 02:46AM

Okay is it cause you stopped believing?
Do you get to see them often...the 3 little angels?
Do you mind me asking? Cause according to MIB I am prolific so yeah!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: holytheghost ( )
Date: June 19, 2011 02:52AM

My lack of belief was a significant contributing factor. As far as I was concerned it wasn't the biggie, but it was a bigger thing for her, still being, on the face of it, a TBM.

My kids all asked to live with me. For the most part they do. 2 of them are still actively involved in church, one is not.

I don't mind you asking at all. I won't go into great detail and give away too much IRL info here.

Date: June 19, 2011 02:56AM

IRL?

No worries, not going to ask deep questions. So she is a TBM still?

Well how wold are your kids...I am guessing yu did the whole mission, marry, multiply stuff early, so they'd be like teens right?

Date: June 19, 2011 03:03AM

IRL: In Real Life--giving out information that can ID you
I got married pretty quick after the mission. To my credit, I didn't trip over a gumball machine at the airport and propose to it. It was about 2 years after.
So my oldest is 19. We started trying to replenish the earth right from the get go.
She still attends church regularly. It makes her happy, so good for her.

Date: June 19, 2011 03:05AM

ohhh 19...almost my sisters age, she is 21!

Posted by: The Man in Black ( )
Date: June 19, 2011 03:13AM

Prolific? Yes. You post about fifty posts a day. That's about four posts per hour per day assuming 12 hours awake for one month.

In other words, on average you post every twenty minutes and have for a month.

Date: June 19, 2011 03:16AM

Yes because this was the month that I reached boiling point. I just cannot take it anymore and well I have been venting proper in a place where I don't have to censure myself!

hmmm I wonder what else I can give myself wholly to?

I am self-employeed so I do what i want. My business involves listening to others, so I listen, then church I sit and listen.

I am often alone, so yeah looks like I needed to be heard?

I really needed help to figure out why I was so miserable. I was worried that I am nuts and the church is true I am the bad seed.

Clearly they are!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2011 03:17AM by AIC.

Date: June 19, 2011 03:20AM

Finding this place is probably a great release for you.
When I figured things out, I didn't have a ready made community like this. I wish I had.
RFM allows you to think out loud and blow off steam. And *most* of the time they are not too judgmental.

Date: June 19, 2011 03:24AM

Release...ha ha ha ha more like a $#%@ storm. I am learning so much.

It gave me the courage to stand by my conviction that The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints in just a souped up MLM, a mismanaged corporate entity!

So now I am free. Next is the letter! Whoooo hoooo!

Posted by: The Man in Black ( )
Date: June 19, 2011 03:53AM

Ever work for an MLM? I did for a time. I can't tell you how many people I saw get screwed. I can't list how many did it only because they wanted to maintain good relations with existing social networks (family). That's what MLMs are; an exploitation of a social networks to sell a product. It's legal so long as they are selling a product.

See, a pyramid scheme without a product is called a Ponzi Scheme, but a pyramid with a product is called "direct marketing," or a "home-based business" or, "residual income" or "a rose by another name that has a product so it's not a Ponzi."

Call it what you will. MLMs as I see them, are unethical and most should be illegal. However, until Congress and local law enforcement both have the resources and the wherewithal to combat unethical business practices like these they will exist and continue to dupe those who know no better because unlawful and wrong are (sadly) not always the same thing.

As a caveat, this is merely my opinion about MLMs in general and is directed an no business in particular.

Date: June 19, 2011 02:53PM

I find myself disturbed because TSCC looks too much like Mary KAY

Boxes of useless inventory and no sales skills to sell the purchases while you run up the Credit Card, and getting harped on by your upline [I have never been with MK, but I get the whole thing, these are the women I work with to help them end the abuse]!

Date: June 19, 2011 03:34AM

Well night night ol' chap!

looking forward to getting to know you hopefully IRL :)!
WHo knows I may be living right across from you!

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: June 19, 2011 03:55PM

jumped right in both feet!! good for you!! from your posts you seem under 30..are ya?

Date: June 19, 2011 04:25PM

What kind of a question is that?

I am 33! Why does that disqualify me?

That said...most people think I am 22. I am just young at heart, and look it too!

Date: June 19, 2011 06:19PM

who said anything about disqualifing anything???!!! and MOST of the people that visit this site lurk!! nothing wrong with lurking or not! and the age question comes from your boundless energy!! :)

Date: June 19, 2011 06:34PM

Okay...I am still coming out of Morgdom, you know their questions are usually accusations or disqualifications.

Time will get me there.

did you see my question about diabetes? You were worried about the cobra running out, so I said do you want some advice?

Date: June 19, 2011 07:02PM

advise!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2011 07:03PM by bignevermo.

Date: June 19, 2011 07:33PM

Have you had a hormone panel?

Cause diabetes usually results from too much cortisol and GH [growth hormone], usually co-occuring with estrogen.

unless you were born with it!

Date: June 19, 2011 07:37PM

well i might have the GH cause i am 6'4" hehehe
email me...bignevermo@gmail.com

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.