Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: June 19, 2011 12:50PM

There have been a couple of people who have posted over the years about having been excommunicated for adultery by a stake president who was found shortly afterward to also be in an extra-marital relationship over the same time period. In fact, it would turn out that among the 15 individuals judging you for what you did, there is a good chance that one or more of them is involved in some sort of behavior that the LDS church deems immoral, whether it's full-blown adultery or just common masturbation. And there have been at least two examples of a stake patriarch going to jail for various kinds of deviant behavior happening over a period in which he gave hundreds of blessings.

Anyone in the current crop of RfM posters have anything like this happen to them? These experiences always expose a real problem within the whitewashed sepulchre that is the LDS church.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: June 19, 2011 12:56PM

Good point, Cludgie. What happens to those who are blessed by those who are not in good standing but hiding it?

The poor missionaries are lead to believe that there diligent efforts are not blessed if they masturbate, right? What about the blessings my Stake President gave after he quizzed me in monthly meetings about details about my sex life?

If potential converts suffer as a result of missionary monkey-spanking, then imagine all the members whose callings were not inspired and whose blessings for said callings were really false and they had to go it on their own without the HS.

As usual, the church has their pizza with everything and nothing on it at the same time.

Anagrammy

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 19, 2011 01:02PM

OK. Yeah, I know..... there was no validity to them in the first place.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: June 19, 2011 02:15PM

... then there's a chance one of the 15 people judging you is gay.

And since there are an extra five, I guess that means one might be half gay.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: June 19, 2011 06:12PM

One was my bishop.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.