Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: chsdolls ( )
Date: June 20, 2019 11:28PM

I used to post on here more regularly a few years ago. I lived in Arizona and I briefly joined the church because I was depressed and lonely. I lost all my "friends" when I left and resigned. That drove me into a deeper depression.
Fast forward years later and moving cross country to the east coast where there are no mormons... I kind of forgot everything that happened in AZ. Going to Starbucks is normal. It's not sinful to drink coffee or iced tea or whatever.
I am back in AZ on a business trip for two weeks. A couple of the people at the office here are mormon. I slowly remember all of the bad mormon memories and I feel so weird being here. I was staring at their backs today while at work and I could see the outline of their fucking magical undergarments through their clothing. How embarrassing. No, it's really embarrassing. They're wearing cult underpants.
I work in a capacity where we analyze data. We crunch numbers. We're all highly educated... if your data does not support your hypothesis, then you're shit out of luck and don't have a leg to stand on.... so why the fuck can't these people apply this to church on Sundays? Logic and reason dismantle everything they believe in.... yet why do these data scientists ignore evidence? It's like what they do for a living only applies to work and not to everyday life?
I hate their smugness too. They think they are saved. They are rude and standoffish to non-mormons. One woman here was quite rude to a female colleague who has tattoos. Very dismissive of her questioning her about her results.
I hate being around these people. I feel so uncomfortable. I am reminded of my time in the cult and how horrible I felt there. I never once believed in their lies and I only did it to find friends... fake friends. I was struggling and lonely. How could I have been so weak?
Fuck mormons, their church, and their fucking cult.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Srna ( )
Date: June 21, 2019 12:08AM

Sounds like post traumatic stress, common for former cult members. Glad this is temporary for only two weeks. Bet it will be nice to leave them behind.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: June 21, 2019 12:37AM

look at the lesson you learned. never go and do this type of thing again. think of what you escaped and those office coworkers have been brainwashed their entire life. oh the joy of our different life's journey

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 21, 2019 12:45AM

Yes, the mormons are a peculiar people. And they don't want us to forget it.

Do me a favor, if you can. Ask them why they don't want to be called mormons anymore. After they explain, nod your head in seeming appreciation and then ask them why this guy you know in SoCal insists that he was raised mormon and will never be anything else and that a guy he calls Rusty is full of crap? Insist that you have no idea what the guy means, you're just curious.

Date: June 21, 2019 09:21PM

Elderoldog, hehe I am not sure what any of that means. Who is Rusty? Can you point me to an article or something?

Date: June 21, 2019 09:23PM

Thanks everyone....
I can't wait to go back home and be far away from mormons. I put up much better living in the bible belt than I did in the morridor.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 21, 2019 09:24PM

Rusty is Russell Marion Nelson, the current pretender to the mormon throne, as in prophet, seer & revelator, and Proprietor-Sole of the mormon corporation. Mr. Moneybags himself.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 21, 2019 12:57AM

Think of those of us who spent most of our lives in Mormonism. It was a huge deal to wake up in the middle of a cesspool and have to figure out how to process it. The psychological fallout was huge. After maybe eight years I think I’m over it. If I had a choice between Mormonism and Ebola, I’d take the Ebola. But I’m not angry anymore. The magic life hack I found was to thank God for everything I had suffered in my life and all of the bad times. Practicing that kind of gratitude is a very powerful tool. That’s when the clouds cleared for me.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: June 21, 2019 10:17AM

you don't realize how odd they can be or obnoxious, but then something happens even when you are around them every day and it still takes you by surprise how rude and foolish they can be. My boyfriend works with mostly mormons. He is extremely intelligent--and I say that out of me being his girlfriend, but I always knew he was having worked with him at Thiokol doing space shuttle stuff, etc., and he develops circuit boards now. He is a chemist. And how the mormons treat him where he works now.

How even my family members treat me.

I have triggers, too. Had bad triggers after my daughter's wedding 4 months ago and I was doing well until what my aunt did (posted on this board). They just can't help themselves. They are perfect and YOU ARE NOT.

I have to admit that I worked at Thiokol with a lot of men who were NORMAL and mormon. They are great people and still are and treat me WELL. I was shocked to find mormons like them.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 21, 2019 10:08PM

Yes, I imagine that seeing your Mormon coworkers mistreat others would be upsetting. At least it is just a business trip for you. You can wind it up and go home at some point. Sadly, your nevermo and exmo coworkers have to put up with the rude, dismissive people all of the time.

On a personal note, going into urban teaching was a good thing for me in that it exposed me to a lot of diverse people. A high school friend of mine commented that when she looked at my FB friends list she saw all different kinds of people -- all ages, ethnicities, and lifestyles. I was raised very sheltered, but expanded my life in ways I never would have thought possible.

Evidently your Mormon coworkers never got that opportunity.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.