Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nevermo-beck ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 02:31PM

With Huntsman's recent announcement of his bid to be a nominee for the presidency, I have been reading up on him (never having heard of him before). Thought this article from May 2011 was interesting:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/huntsman/51779611-188/church-faith-former-governor.html.csp

Just curious what you guys think about him saying his LDS membership "is tough to define."

(Admins: if you feel this is too political, please accept my apologies. Also, sorry if this link was posted in May and I overlooked it - I did a search to see if I could find it in older posts, but with no luck.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nevermo-beck ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 02:36PM

Two more things: How do you think the LDS Church hierarchy feels about him? Would they still support him even though he's apparently not a Peter Priesthood type?

Also, I apologize for putting that term in quotes up above ("is tough to define") - I came across that quoted in the Wiki article about him, and the article is footnoted on it. I skimmed the article before posting the link, but a closer read shows that it's not in there (or I'm overlooking it). So we shouldn't take that as a statement from him, at least not from that article I linked to.

Posted by: AnonyMs ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 02:50PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.