Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: omen ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 03:01PM

Ok…this might take a stretch of your imagination, but hang with me.

Like any race, I would guess you had good and bad all the way across the spectrum in Lamanites, had they existed. So I’m sure that like the BOM claims you might have had some seriously evil Lamanites out there. But I’m almost certain that you can’t have an entire race of Stalin’s either. At least some of the populace has to be reasonably decent right? Let’s say they are on the level of blissful ignorance of your Glen Becks. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer but certainly not “evil”.

So let’s say that Joe Lamanite is out fishing one day with his son. They are having a great time, making jokes about how the Nephites are “goody two shoes” and are essentially just a bunch of squares.

The father starts to tell the son about a story about when he was younger when in mid-sentence. POOF!....they both just change color. Talk about a WTF moment. Can you imagine the trip home that day?

You see, this is just one example of something that might have been going on when mormon god decided to change all the Lamanites’ skin color.

When in history has an entire race of people just changed color? Seriously. Step back Mormons, and ask yourself if entire races of people just change color.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: beulahland ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 03:11PM

Logic is a tool from Satan. I know because my bosom never burns when I'm doing logic puzzles. On that same note, andouille sausage is blessed in ways I can't begin to imagine. So is chili.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 03:11PM

... who think the human race began with two people in a garden who were white.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2011 03:12PM by kolobian.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 03:33PM

in Missouri, Right?

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 03:34PM

Posted by: brefots ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 03:21PM

For example when did a population of less than a dozen adults need a king? Or whenever did a war result in total annihilation for both sides? Where in world history has an entire race changed religion more often than Martin Harris?

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 03:39PM

Ask Mickey Ash or Danny Peterson at Mormonssureareignorant.com. They got all kinda evidence. (the looney tunes kind, but hey evidence is evidence right?)

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 04:11PM

down to the last baby? Really?

In humankind's wars it happens a lot that one side is totally demonized, but most rational people realize that there are 2 sides to those stories. God, on the other hand, likes to just wipe the slate clean.

Posted by: nwmcare ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 04:25PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2011 04:25PM by nwmcare.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 04:25PM

Yes, he does like to wipe that slate clean and has done so several times.

The real name of this planet in Reformed Egyption translates to "Etch-A-Sketchland"

Anagrammy

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 04:57PM

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 05:11PM

Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 05:07PM

All he would have to do (the man in the scenario) would be to live with a white family and he could become "white and delightsome" again. See...God works everything out. Change IS possible with the right tools and teachings...

Posted by: omen ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 05:10PM

Albinos must be so damn righteous....

Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 05:16PM

Posted by: buckhntr ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 05:32PM

Gawd wipes the slate clean so there are no counter witnesses. He also gets to write the history and leave out the less faith promoting parts. Maybe Satan was the good guy trying to win our free agancy and Jebus put the smackdown on him and his followers and thus contrtols the history. We only get one side of the story from gawd. Same with the mormon church. Believe or else...

Posted by: jessica ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 06:09PM

I want to hear Heavenly Mother's side of the story, why do we not speak of her? Did they get divorced or something? If Heaven is soo perfect, why was there a WAR in Heaven? Not a disagreement, a full blown WAR! God's got a mess up there for sure but it's easier to only hear one side and learn to go live with him (sounds like an abusive father really when you think of all the rules and regulations to stay or be banished into outer darkness). I really want to know where Heavenly Mother is!

Posted by: Nealster ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 09:04PM

Any rational mind that reads the scriptures of any Christian denomination or sect can see quite clearly that God is far from perfect and therefore not...God.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.