Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mrcoffee84 ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 03:50PM

Tonight I will finish my resignation letter and send it off tomorrow! This was a long time coming, and it certainly wasn't an easy choice, but I feel I must do it in order to relieve this heavy burden off my back. No more BS.

I'm sure it's quite normal to feel relieved of all the stress and drama associated with mormonism, and I cannot continue to be a part of an organization that is based on lies, deceit, and heartache. I am still quite young (26) and I want to live life to the fullest as long as possible, and that means saying NO MORE to TSCC!
I am turning my back on the church I once loved and adored, admired and respected (I was such a TBM). I am turning away many members I grew up with and served during my mission. I am forgetting the drama that resulted in family conflicts and terrible heartache, including the death of my brother. I am removing myself from an organization that ruins lives and promotes hatred daily.
I will be starting life anew with my partner. This is my life and no one else's but mine. I will be the one making decisions, and I will be in charge, because I know what is best for me and him, unlike the madmen in suits running around going to meetings, pretending they are inspired. No longer will I hear that "the prophet know best." I will be anticipating real blessings, things in life worth having, things God intended us to share and benefit from, not some facade and shitpie in my face, which is exactly what I got in the mormon hellhole.

No longer will I have to deal with it!!!

Praise the Lord!! (except in the mormon church! lol)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 03:53PM

Date: June 21, 2011 03:55PM

yes, yes i do!!

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 04:03PM

Good for you!

Enjoy you're 10% raise and new-found possibilities.

Cheers.

Human

Posted by: wendell ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 04:09PM

The day I did that was truly the turning point of my life. I went from a depressed and sad individual to an incredibly happy and upbeat man. It allowed me to start loving myself. Good going!!!

Date: June 21, 2011 04:09PM

i've been enjoying my 10% raise...during college it's what provided the coffee during the week and beer on the weekend!

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 04:11PM

Posted by: Starry ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 05:42PM

I was 26 when I left the church too, (a long time ago) and I can tell you it is a Wonderful life.
My best to you and your partner.

Brenda

Posted by: free2bme ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 05:49PM

congratulations, that is something I have often thought of, but have been too afraid for some reason. you are an inspiration. best wishes as you begin life OFF of the list! thank you

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 06:35PM

Is it the greatest feeling in the world to be free of all of that BS??? Yeah, it is dang scary leaving, and sometimes still very hard for family reason, but I am 60, left 4 years ago, and will NEVER regret what I did. I could not have done differently.

I allowed myself to TELL THE FREAKIN' TRUTH!!! Like it or not, and most all of them did not, got divorced from old H., but I have remained true to myself, have found love in my life and most days are really good.

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 06:44PM

if those you leave behind are not far behind you. There is a definite momentum building out there and it ain't good for the Morg.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.