Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: July 22, 2019 04:03PM

I'm at the tire shop having some work done and the shop uses the extra person to guide the driver backing out. Today it prevented a potential collision. A driver coming down the side street failed to notice a large pickup backing out. The truck was safely stopped and the distracted driver had no intention of stopping. Said driver then proceeded to park and come inside to the tire shop for service. The first thing out of her mouth was that she needed her tires looked at because she had just had an accident. Go figure!

So I now realize that it probably is a good idea for driving and for young missionaries.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 22, 2019 07:21PM

See how great ghawd is?

Also, not one single, solitary missionary who obeyed the 'no swimming' rule has drowned. What other religion can say that?

One rule I broke twice on my mission, and somehow got away with was, Do not see a medical provider without mission home permission. But then I've also walked on the wild side.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: July 25, 2019 01:46AM

It's called "spotting," and it's mandatory in the military when driving a military-owned vehicle. It's good practice.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.