Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: luckychucky ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 05:38PM

Just out of pure curiosity I am interested to know if anyone has crunched the numbers and figured out how much cash the morg makes from having a monopoly on thier most faithfull members underwear money. IIRC the stuff was pretty pricey the last time I bought some, something over $3 for a single top or bottom.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lost ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 05:49PM

Someone ran the numbers awhile back and estimated somewhere between $90-100 million.

The interesting thing about that estimate was the numbers of garments a person needed to buy because of the poor quality of the underware as a product. They tend to come apart at the seams and just all around suck, so they have to be replaced quite frequently and are nearly impossible to repair. It is also very difficult to get stains out of them.

And if you are a pregnant woman, heaven help you.

A Gynecologists commented on the board that he felt the garment was a terrible underware product because it doesn't breathe, which is extremely important in an underware product, so as a result, he was noting an increase in mormon women suffering from UTI's, fungal infections, and skin rashes.

The morg shouldn't try to make and sell something they know nothing about, (making underware) but that never stops them from controlling every aspect of someones life, even if it harms them.

Cultish much?

Posted by: jessica ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 06:12PM

How much do they make from the magazines we are required to have?

Posted by: luckychucky ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 07:16PM

Ensign/Liahona subscriptions run in at about $20 a year if I remember correctly. I don't knoy about Friend or New Era prices. I bet they turn a tidy profit from sales though.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.