Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: September 06, 2019 05:25PM

The Mall Pervert Photographer / Bishop / Stake High Councilman was supposed to appear in court today in Nashville. Has anybody seen if he actually showed up or did the Church get him off?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 06, 2019 08:36PM

Let's see if this works...

https://sci.ccc.nashville.gov/Search/CaseSearchDetails/2188753%5E5258751%5ECJIS/STEVEN%5EMURDOCK%5E11261963%5E591139

Assuming you'll see what I saw, tell me what ’settlement’ means for today's appearance, juxtaposed with November’s trial date.

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: September 06, 2019 10:42PM

In a criminal settlement he could pay the victim and ask the court to send him to counseling in an agreement to drop the charges - not sure if that is what is implied here.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: September 06, 2019 11:20PM

Seeing as a trial has been set (same judge, same courtroom) for November 4, I'm going to guess that a plea deal was unsuccessful, and now they go to trial. In my Massachusetts experience, these pre-trial hearings are 1) to attempt a plea deal, and/or for the prosecution to provide evidence, reports, depositions, etc. that will be used, for both sides to list witnesses, and to introduce motions.

Basically, legal preparation with, perhaps, some sparring.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.