Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Screen Name ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 05:34AM

If there were a Life Exit Interview, and you were asked, "What did you most enjoy about being a human?"...what would you say?

ME: The fact that sleep was free, private and 100% reliable.

2nd best: That Heavenly Father limited my challenges to what I could bear, without going completely insane.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 08:10AM

I would say thankyou for the amazing food we call rice! It can be used for fillers for all sorts of casseroles, to extend all kinds of meat dishes, to be used in soups, to be eaten at breakfast with eggs. I often eat it three times a day! Hell, it's almost as important as bread!

We ought to create a monument to this amazing food category, there should be more art displaying it, pictures of it, In fact There should be holiday for it!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 08:49AM

rice should be eaten in moderation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 09:02AM

And only in times of meals snd/or hunger!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 09:56AM

Serendipity.

The best things in life are the things we weren't even looking for.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 12:37PM

I had very unruly hair as a young man, but thanks to serendipity-doo, life was good.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 02:44PM

I hear Senility-Doo is pretty good stuff too!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 03:40PM

Doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo is what Adam & Eve were doo’ing as they watched the Elders load up their station wagon when they, Adam & Eve, were in the middle of getting tossed out of the Garden of Eden.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=35Q-h1GFX5E

The theology isn’t sound, but the emotion is real.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 05:59PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The theology isn’t sound, but the emotion is
> real.

She is forbidden. Now that's some theological voodoo that you do.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 06:45PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had very unruly hair as a young man, but thanks
> to serendipity-doo, life was good.


Hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahha...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The Unknown Voyeur ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 11:54AM

Porn. Only there should be more of it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 12:30PM

Don't give the big 15 any ideas. They will claim you can't quit mormonism without an exit interview.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 09:04PM

Haha. No they wouldn't. They wouldn't want the bishops conducting exit interviews and getting an earful of facts about church history and doctrine that they didn't previously know. In fact, I think one of the reasons it has gotten reeeeealy easy to get out (especially compared to what some of us went through 20 years ago) is because they have learned that once you're at the point of requesting name removal, you have probably done some studying and you're not coming back. So they just want you gone and shunned before anyone gets too curious.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 12:50PM

Knowing there was an escape hatch...death.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mikemitchell ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 12:54PM

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ptbarnum ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 01:13PM

Opposable thumbs. So versatile.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 01:55PM

I grew up in a "Leave It To Beaver" lifestyle. Growing up in a small town made me feel as if I was the master of all I surveyed. My dog followed me everywhere. My bike took me everywhere. My parents doted on us kids. If my sis hadn't turned out to be a narcissist and Mormon missionaries hadn't knocked on our front door, I'd say my life was, otherwise, pure heaven on earth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sd ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 02:05PM

boners. Definitely the boners.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 02:29PM

People get pushed beyond what they can bear all the time. That’s why there are so many suicides.

Just getting to be here is amazing to me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 02:45PM

Screen Name Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ME: The fact that sleep was free, private and 100%
> reliable.

And in other afterlife irony news - sleep has been alluded to many times in human history as "death" and "the little death" we experience.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 10:54PM

"The little death" is actually something else. Also, however, a very good thing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 08, 2019 11:48AM

LOL! I forgot my French.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jaxson ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 03:22PM

"What did you most enjoy about being a human?”

#1 - Being athletic and having a competitive nature.

Runner-up - Having someone in my life who loved and adored me more than I could ever imagine. Made me want to be a better person.

2nd Runner-up - Learning stuff, and helping others from what I had learned.

Honorable Mention - Being a virile 18-year old BYU freshman, meeting a hot nymphomaniac 18-year old BYU freshman gal who was anxious to try ALL the things her mother told her NOT to do with a boy. I don’t remember anything from my classes that year, but I sure do remember those nights…every night. Yes, boners are good.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cl2 ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 06:04PM

My kids haven't always been easy to have and dogs aren't either of course. Dogs, though, have been one of the greatest surprises of my life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In


Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
  ******    **     **   ******    ******         ** 
 **    **    **   **   **    **  **    **        ** 
 **           ** **    **        **              ** 
 **   ****     ***     **        **              ** 
 **    **     ** **    **        **        **    ** 
 **    **    **   **   **    **  **    **  **    ** 
  ******    **     **   ******    ******    ******