Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: January 04, 2020 11:46PM

I didn't want to jack the other threads so I am spinning this off.

After the posts about the missing kids and the people responsible (Mom and bran new Step Dad) I did a bit of digging. Didn't take a big shovel. I went looking for the books that Daybell (Step Dad) wrote. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Daybell&i=stripbooks&ref=nb_sb_noss
First off, they are mormon. From a mormon perspective and geared to that audience. I can't imagine anyone else being interested. Two of the series, Standing in Holy Places, Times of Turmoil are pretty out there. Think Handmaid's Tale. He has been writing this drek for a long time and no doubt that is how he and the mother got hooked up. It would be interesting to know more about that seeing as they are in different states though both in the moridore. You can "Look Inside" and read quite a bit. I am a book lover. I have read a LOT of books. From Dickens to True Blood. IMHO, these are just B A D. Jr. High bad. Follow the formula for this kind of thing. We are special, we are going to save the worthy and punish the "other". He even gets digs in about "the gays". We are going to have these armed safe places to operate from. Now there are reports that the mother was "translated" and that she can't die. Her now dead ex tried to get a 72 hour hold on her. Shame he didn't get it.

"Court documents refer to Lori as "Mother" and Charles as "Father". Charles said during a phone call in late January that Lori told him she is a "translated being who cannot taste death sent by god to lead the 144,000 into the Millennium".

"Mother believes that she is receiving spiritual revelations and visions to help her gather and prepare those chosen to live in the New Jerusalem after the Great War as prophesied in the Book of Revelations" read a portion of the documents."
https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/documents-lori-vallow-claims-she-was-god-preparing-for-second-coming-of-christ

Then I got to wondering. Is this the kind of crap the top brass at LDSInc are thinking? Are they really just a bunch of preppers with access to a SHIT TON of money? My guess is no, they are just a bunch of greedy (really bad words). But it did make me wonder.

I am very afraid for the kids. Not only are the adults around them mentally ill but they both saw their father get shot by their uncle. Uncle who died soon after and the police are not even releasing his cause of death due to on going investigations. Now that the FBI is in the mix I hope there is more national coverage. Pics of all four need to be made as public as possible, as often as possible.

This is the kind of shit show you get when people are bitten by religious mania.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 05, 2020 11:28AM

Imagine her surprise when she dies a regular death, that she can get caught by law enforcement and jailed and no way out. I wonder where they are hiding!!! Is it this difficult to find the woman and man?

And if the end of the world is coming, which the lds has claimed since the beginning, why do they need all this money. Why are they sitting on it? According to them, we can't take it with us. Do they need cash during their millenium? It doesn't make any sense. That is the glaring reality.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: January 05, 2020 11:59AM

Ditto to those thoughts.

We shouldn't be surprised when people go too far with the ideas they got from their religions. People can actually buy in to the wacky concepts and take them to an extreme.

My guess is that the top brass at the LDS church wants the privilege of revelation reserved for themselves. They know the only "revelations" they get involve perpetuation of the corporation (money, power and image) and sheep control.

They (LDS top brass) have to kick out the people who actually believe they are getting their own personal revelation from God that goes beyond what the church teaches.

Meanwhile people put on Nike shoes and think a comet is coming for them...or they kill their kids so they will be in a better place.

Posted by: ptbarnum ( )
Date: January 05, 2020 12:31PM

I haven't been following too closely, because I get so frustrated, and I tend to get obsessive, and I really have other things in life I should be obsessing about. I just wish this whole situation had been better managed from the beginning.

Multiple people in families linked by two canoodling individuals die suddenly, the pair get together, there's obvious extremist tenets the community is aware of, and now Susan posts (thanks for the research btw) the deceased ex did try to forcibly get her evaluated and wasn't successful, and eventually paid with his life.

Someone should have intervened before those kids went missing.

I can't hardly read of it without getting angry. Nearly every good TV watching adult knows that when a person dies, the police check out the spouse first.

A detective I used to work with used to say, "Before you look for outlaws, look for in-laws."

They never should've let her out of their sight once she refused to help find the kids. Did they wiretap her, or try to get a judicial compliance order? Anything? This drives me nuts. I think
Casey Anthony was handled better and she was not handled well or she'd be in prison right now.

Is there any chance these kids are still alive and she's just got them hidden away by one of her cultbots? I really hope so, but it's not a realistic hope.

I also hope they take them down, hard. I don't think she's insane/psychotic, I think she's a sociopath or psychopath, and given my history, I have a very hostile view to that kind. I can't wait to see her in day-glo orange robes of glory, and I hope her cellmates get sport out of living with a goddess. I guarantee you that a bunch of bored women doing time will find ways of testing that immortality theory.

As for him, same thing. I can't wait to see them convicted. They're too grandiose and impulsive to stay out of sight long, they need attention and are arrogant enough to engage in taunting the authorities, I think. If I were the cops, I'd work on him once they get him alone, I get a vibe from what I've read that he's the one they'll be able to manipulate better. Once they drive a survival-based emotional wedge between the two, watch out. They will turn on one another and it will unravel like ripped pantyhose.

I still really want those kids to be alive. If they are and they're found, they may be key to putting two very bad people in a cage. I want this happy ending for them. Thanks for the updates.

Date: January 05, 2020 03:36PM

Would it stick on Amazon if I posted a warning review about his shady behavior? I read some of his "look inside" passages, as much as I could stand. These books are nuttier than squirrel poo and yet they've got 5 star reviews. Maybe they're shills, who knows.

It just seems a shame he's making money while avoiding the law. He's innocent until a jury says otherwise, but I would think people of faith and good moral conscience wouldn't pay him until he gets square with the authorities again.

Then again, his readership may be paranoid and anti-government, so there may be no point in warning them. Faith and good moral conscience don't necessarily go hand-in-hand either, particularly in the mormonverse.

What do you think? Will Amazon bust me if I put up a 1 star buyer beware review?

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: January 05, 2020 06:06PM

What are the police doing there, warrior? Are they going into the theater seating areas, as in looking for someone in particular? How many are there? Are they local?

Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: January 05, 2020 06:31PM

There were three of them. When i went in to buy a star wars ticket they were walking right behind me to the other end of the theater building. They checked both ends of the entire building thats all i know and they spent quite a while doing whatever they were doing. Two of them looked like local cops for sure and one looked like an agent from entirely different arena like a FBI or CIA guy. Whoever it was walked out with the police when they were all done looking around. There is an FBI complex in pocatello also. I definitely could not tell what the third guy was a part of but not in cop uniform.

Date: January 05, 2020 06:42PM

I just asked a person that works for the theater why the cops were here. And this was the response "we are not allowed to say". Whatever it is they are keeping it tight. Hope its safe to watch a movie right now.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: January 06, 2020 01:15PM

at least, not from them ("confirmed buy").

Write too many negative reviews on his books and you may be deemed a troll and get deleted.

Date: January 06, 2020 01:43PM

I talked it over with the spouse, he said don't bother, people who are reading Daybell's tripe are probably ward members or even friends/family so they likely know very well who he is.

So I changed my mind. Not my circus, not my monkeys. To deal with my frustration over being powerless to help these two particular children, I rounded up and washed the last of my kids' outgrown but still good winter clothes, and found some boxes of puzzles, legos and books. What am I doing keeping them? I don't have grandkids yet. In the time it takes for them to be born and grow into the stuff, it'll have rotted away in storage. Silly. So I'm going to drop them off at the crisis nursery office. Maybe they'll alleviate boredom for some kids going through bad things, and the nursery is always asking for this stuff on the radio.

It isn't striking a blow against this apparently monstrous couple, but it makes me feel better and I'm sure those two creeps will trip up and the law will be waiting for that moment. Bad cess to them, may they get exactly what they've earned.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: January 06, 2020 07:52PM

ptbarnum I think taking those things to kids that need them is a great idea. Much better than putting something on Amazon. I agree with your husband that the people buying that crap already know who this guy is. What we all can do is too talk about this to those we know and use what resources we have to get their pics out there.

Date: January 05, 2020 03:53PM

I've been reading a lot lately as well. My reading comprehension has gotten better the further from toxic people and religious institutions i have been away from. Funny how your reading comprehension gets hindered by being in a mind control cult but steven hassain explains that this happened to him as well from being in the moonies. Your comprehension skills do get lowered to maybe elementary school level by being in a cult for a long time. Part of your brain and thinking and ligic skills go bye bye. But this is all about how youcan control people better. If people can not comprehend books like the plagarisms in the BoM then people will be less likely to leave a cult i figure.
Anyways been reading the book by christopher hitchens ' God is not Great' lately and it makes sense to me. The fact that i can understand the literary skills of a guy like hitchens when a few years ago definitely could not follow the guy because he used a lot of complex words that my brain simply could not comprehend and he talked fast with an english accent. But hitchens makes sense to me. Maybe this is a good sign for freedom of mind and taking the risk of thinking for myself as he encourages all to do.
Have no idea about the book you are talking about. I may look into it. Like i said i tead more than i watch movies these days.

Date: January 05, 2020 04:10PM

Wait, the kids went missing in idaho? I wonder if thats why the cops are at the movie theater right now. Wanted to watch me some Star Wars today but i have a fear of cops so i haven't gone in yet. Even without committing any crime i have always feared cops.

Date: January 05, 2020 04:17PM

Cops are definitely looking for something or someone in the theaters thats for sure.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 05, 2020 06:21PM

Dude, what the Doc asked above!!

Date: January 05, 2020 06:34PM

Did the people go missing in pocatello or chubbuck idaho? Three guys searching the theater building for quite a while. Two local cops for sure. The third guy i have no idea but could be fbi or cia. There is an FBI building within a mile from the theater.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: January 06, 2020 01:53PM

There are all sorts of possible explanations. A few possible:

1) There may have been a person who theater staff considered suspicious, or was being disruptive. So cops came to check him out. That would NOT be you.
2) Somebody has a restraining order on somebody else. The suspect should not be in the presence of the victim, and that would include a theater. So the victim called the cops.
3) Somebody left a backpack or other "suspicious object," and police came to check it out.
4) The 3rd man was probably not FBI or CIA but a local plainclothes or off-duty cop helping out. "Plainclothes" duty is not "secret" or "undercover." It's simply a less visible, less intrusive mode of patrol. For example, plainclothes officers can talk to gang members more casually than uniformed. Such officers need to display their badges usually on a neck chain, or their belt. You can spot them a block away.

Try not to get nervous around the police. If you're shaking or having trouble getting words out, just explain, "I've always been nervous around police. It goes back to some childhood issues." That should clear things up.

Date: January 07, 2020 04:33AM

Forgot you were a former cop. Yea the third one was definitely in more casual clothes for sure. i will try to explain my nervousness around cops if they ask, i just kind of waived to them real quick. Just wanted to see how the star wars story ended out of curiousity. I should be over it by now and i have gotten better but i still get nervous. If they wanted to arrest me for no reason i would let them haha. I feel like former cult participation unknowingly is a crime. Of course the leaders of a cult would never turn themselves in to the police as they should but i would. How backwards is this guilt? They still make me feel like everything was my fault. It is so bizarre and crazy. Somehow the assaults against me were my fault in my head still. How this is possible i have no idea. I blame the bad things happening on me now as a direct connection of the traumatic events of my past happening. It is destiny that i was not helped back then so i am not helped now i think maybe. Maybe i am just self defeating because how can i win now when i could not win before. I could not figure out how to overcome a religion that was tyrannical no matter how hard i tried. And now i can not seem to overcome my problems with the lawyers and the banks. Its the same story that repeats. How do you win in life? I'm not really sure one can. The odds never seemed to be in my favor from the beginning. The message of religious or cult abuse screams that god is against me or others like me. No good deed from another can undo this it seems. And lord knows others have tried. Even if there is no god it still is damaging to think some 'good being' betrayed you when you were a young teenager. In this betrayel from god somehow will define me forever as my ultimate humiliation in life. Reading about how cults work and how men made up god to get control over people does help a little. But i am still that kid that got humiliated and i am trying to not let a few events in my childhood rule me. But i still don't know how the adult world works with all the laws. Its very confusing. Why don't cults teach their people about civil laws? Probably because they know they are criminals getting away with messing with people's minds while robbing them blind. I want to read a book that explains how the chinese brainwashed soldiers. I think a lot of cults copy this formula according to steven hassan an ex-moonie member and cult exit counselor. For some reason i don't really care about the actual indoctrination information used over and over but all the tactics that got implemented behind the scenes by the controllers. What formula did they follow to manipulate and control masses and millions of people to get them to surrender their money willingly. Basically the machine that was going in motion before i was born into it. I want to know how they ran that machine of mind control basically. How did that machine get parents to turn against their children so freely and willingly like myself. Turn against their parental nature in favor of an operation. Why did my parents choose this operation over me. Not just once but many times. How could girlfriends choose this operation over me? I must know how they controlled peoples minds like this. At least before i die i have to know. Sorry i am talking a lot and freeing my memories and suppressed thougts of my life. I have to know how they keep control because it as driven me crazy for most of my life.

Date: January 05, 2020 05:57PM

Oh yeah, cult membership messes with the intellect, big time. Trauma reduces you to a survival focused state and there is little room for the finer intellectual points because too much thinking makes it all hurt worse.

This Daybell dude is caught up in really serious allegations. Deaths of his and his new wife's spouse and a brother, and the new wife's kids are missing and Daybell and wife won't help find them, they've gone off incognito.

The guy's books are for sale on Amazon and they are weird-a-f even for people who are deep TBM. Which says a loootttt about the level of weird.

I didn't buy any, just used my Prime "look inside" to peek. I 100% do not recommend anyone bother. Waste of neuro processing entirely.

I'm just wondering if I should try to warn people on Amazon that the guy isn't TBM like he likes TBMs to believe and is using the $$ they spend on his freaky cult manifesto books to finance evasion of justice.

Would they care? Or just shelve it?

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 06, 2020 08:25AM

It’s not justice, it’s religious persecution. Go back to Sunday School.

Date: January 06, 2020 11:29AM

Oh yeah, I forgot that familicide is permissible under the multitudinous banners of heaven.

Silly me, always thinking we are allowed to *believe* anything ww want, not *do* anything we want in this here country.

It's all hooey. Obfuscation. A bunch of people are dead. Possibly two kids. Naturlich, the people responsible want to hide behind Jehovah's robes. They'll screw it up sure enough, though. Hopefully soon, and hopefully the kids are alive.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.