Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mrx ( )
Date: January 07, 2020 06:11PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/boy-scouts-face-new-legal-broadside/ar-BBYIrw6?ocid=spartanntp

Many years ago, Paul Iwaniec was a scout leader of Mormon troop 224 in North Carolina. This loser was remarried to a Mormon woman, and he horribly abused his stepson at ages 11 to 14. Other scouts may have also been abused.

Iwaniec awarded merit badges "for performing sexual acts" and threatened to "kill him or his mother if he told anyone." As is often the case in these situations, the LDS mother probably was oblivious and didn't know what was going on. Her dirtbag scum of the earth husband was a priesthood holder, and attended LDS meetings, and volunteered to be a scout leader.

1,551 men claim to have been sexually abused while in boy scouts (many LDS no doubt) and are involved in various lawsuits that could bankrupt BSA or whatever they call themselves these days. They invite girls to join. The local non-LDS troop here in Colorado has a girls group, and it seems to work fine.

Lawyers claim that the Boy Scouts used to have a "pedophilia epidemic". In the case of LDS scout leaders involved in these crimes, LDS leaders often tried to keep things private without reporting to authorities if the abuser was a churchgoer who promised to repent and change his ways.

One young victim was abused for years in Texas, and the scout leader even tried to prostitute him out to other grown men who wanted to have sex with a young boy. Needless to say. . . . horrendously horrible!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mrx ( )
Date: January 07, 2020 06:41PM

https://www.deseret.com/2017/5/1/20611411/lawsuit-claims-bsa-lds-church-concealed-information-on-abuse-by-idaho-scout-leaders

2017 lawsuit claims that both BSA and TCOJCOLDS engaged in coverup and intentionally concealed sexual abuse from families, participants, volunteers, church members, and law enforcement.

One legal theory is claiming "fraud" because the BSA purported to engage in wholesome and safe activities for boys.

May 3, 2019 - Settlement reached, but many details not revealed. Some sexual abuse cases are still pending.
The BSA apologized to victims, and stated that they believe the allegations.

Attorneys strongly contend that LDS officials knew about the child molesters in Idaho scout troops for many years, and protected the molesters by intentionally withholding information from families and law enforcement.

https://magicvalley.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/settlement-reached-in-upcoming-idaho-boy-scouts-child-abuse-trial/article_ec1f68f8-0b74-5831-b4d7-26dee09cbd3b.html

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: January 07, 2020 06:53PM

ya it's bad, when I was a kid in the mormon church we had a pervert leader too. He was way to interested in 11 year olds and would come to the house everyday. The stake leaders would go on and on about how they were inspired and that we were to obey them. Then I saw his name in the paper and all the stuff he'd done. We'd be singing Praise to the Man in sacredment meeting and I'd be out sluffing in the parking lot and would see his tourquoise station wagon rolling up and down the street back and forth. This memory still gives me the creeps.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 08, 2020 10:30PM

It may have been a good idea to keep the dads in the dark. A scout leader could die out in those woods. But then why did they protect the pervs from the police? Oh right, TSCC has never respected non-Mormon law. I wonder if they’ll respect huge civil judgements.

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: January 08, 2020 05:32PM

Merit badges for sex acts? How does even that happen? Surely some kid would question that, "Uh Brother Smith I don't think the merit badge for 'Sustainability' has anything do to with what you are referring to...I am not a veterinarian Brother Smith, but I know horse **** when I smell it and this is horse ****..I ain't doing that."

IDK something seems strange there, but perv's are very clever.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: January 08, 2020 07:41PM

It seems in most cases the LDS leadership seems to be more concerned about local newspaper headlines and criminal trails and so If you promise to repent we'll make sure Jesus continues to forgive you touching young men inappropriately.

I suspect the issues remain,sure there is a process or standard operating procedure but it is not standard and/or executed much.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: January 08, 2020 10:15PM

I hope that in all these cases the judges think long and hard about that 100 BILLION that is just a part of their assets. Make it HURT.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.