The book of Numbers has a lot of gory stories of Gods anger. There is the story of the Hebrews young men visiting the moabite girls and having a gay old time. Well god got really mad and sent a plague that killed 20,000 and it was only after a Levite on a rampage of vengeance thrust a few through with his sword that god's anger was abated. All because the Levite was a homicidal lunatic.
During my formative iterations as a new human, I became keenly aware of my need for breath, hydration, nourishment and shelter. My ignorant parents marinated my psyche with various unreliable verified. As I was limited in confidence and independent strength, I became robust in imitation. But as I grew, I noted that leaders were as impotent and clueless as me. God became my only affordable shield in a universe of helpful predators.
I've not yet discovered a credible detour. I must follow Him. If I do not, He will withhold every freebie I crave. If I please Him, He will be generous to me in a brutal universe forever.
"This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Disaster! An unheard-of disaster is coming." - verse 5
I read this verse and BAM, I was smacked by a lightening bolt of pure prophecy!
But I'm tired and I promised everyone jambalaya for dinner so I'm not going to start a cult. But what prophet worth her own ego would sit on fresh revelation? So naturally RfM gets a freebie foretelling. Enjoy. Once I get my phony plates made, I'm gonna start charging you all for this wisdom.
The Book of Barnum:
Drummroll: Yo. Bad things are going to happen.
1. I, ptbarnum, do forsee that powerful people will pay money to smart builders of things and thinkers of plans, and lo, Homo Sapiens shall innovate new methods of doing heinous things to one another.
2. Or the earth itself shall do unto humanity a thorough shakeybakey, or perhaps the vastness of space shall deliver up unto us a significant mass traveling at great speed, and doom shall fall from the sky with Newtonian precision. Let the smart builders and thinkers beware aforetime.
3. Or perhaps out of the tiny motes afloat in the air shall a viral leviathan arise, in the which case, we shall sneeze with great sneezing and all fall down. Again with the smart thinkers and builders, yo.
4. And it shall be uncomfy to all and sundry in certain times and seasons, and society will comport themselves in great number as mentally unhinged with the consistency of bat guano, and it shall seem of a badness we have (maybe, sort of) never seen before. Must I repeat about the smarties in thy midst?
5. And many shall say, this disaster is unheard of.
5.5 Let those who have the capacity of snark be snarky, and make much objection, saying, "We knew it because the ice rings told us. The shocked quartz bore testimony. The histories spoke."
5.75 This is the way the world ends This is the way the world ends This is the way the world ends Again and again and again. *****
Wow. Now I know how Lil Joe felt with his face in his hat. (Half asphyxia aside.) You all should try this, it does wonders for one's b**chitude.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2020 08:35PM by ptbarnum.