Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: February 18, 2020 10:22AM

the solution is simple
IGNORE THEM--- PERIOD PERIOD PERIOD

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: February 18, 2020 11:10AM

Desertrat, you're right, on a social and personal level. I wish I had followed this advice 10 years ago. It would have saved me all the unnecessary bother, unhappiness, frustration, insults and shunning, that I endured in trying to maintain healthy relationships with unhealthy Mormons. I falied 100%. Rather, they failed me.

It makes me sick, to think that those deluded cult members once had enough power over me, personally, to make me care what they thought of me.

"Let them stew in their own juice," is what my grandmother used to say, about people who gossip and shun. I like that graphic image--ew!

Let the Mormons keep to themselves, in their own sick, competitive society, in their own cesspool of lies. Let them lie to each other, gossip and snub each other, and criticize each other, and bring down each other, and their evil cult along with them.

We can ignore the cult gossips, shunners, recruiters, liars, advertisers and shape-shifters, while they go down with their own sinking ship. IMO, we owe them nothing, not even a lifeline.

However--on a broader scale, I cannot, ignore the VICTIMS of Mormonism. We can't just throw them under the bus. I can't ignore my five loved ones who are trapped in Mormonism, because I love them. It's hard to ignore Mormon child abuse, as a matter of principle. I still feel rage against the money-grabbing Mormon cult taking people's money, coercing them to clean toilets, being the cause of Mormon depression and suicide, and demanding tithing from Africans, and pretending to be a charity/religion when it is nothing but a big business con. I can't ignore JS's polygamous, lying, cheating ways. I can't adjust to their prejudices against certain races, gays, people who wear the wrong clothes, other religions, and women.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 18, 2020 12:42PM

Great post.

I figure that to be a good Mormon one has to give up the viability of acquiring much wisdom in life by sacrificing the hard road for their high road.

One gets the promise of family for eternity in exchange for their time, talents, and all they have. It is the security of the womb with none of the growth into maturity that leaving their womb offers people.

Posted by: MormonMartinLuther ( )
Date: February 18, 2020 01:58PM

I have done some growth outside of the womb.

And I approve of this message by Elder Berry.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: February 18, 2020 05:12PM

You nailed it. Blessed are the Exmo's who turn a dear ear to the TBMs for they shall inherit peace of mind and a lot of fun.

"Ignoring them" is bliss. Makes a lot more sense than the ignorance is bliss thing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.