Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: May 18, 2020 01:16PM

My upstairs neighbor has a toilet that runs all night and keeps me awake. Walls are thin and pipes are old so it is loud. I've complained several times but they refuse to call a plumber. Huge waste of fresh water!!! We are both home all day so I guess the closeness is getting tiresome.

Anyway, woke at 1am to toilet running. Waited two hours and finally complained to neighbor. Neighbor was quasi apologetic.

Finally, hours later, fell asleep and had this dream/nightmare:

Was called on a Mormon mission. Why I went is anybody's guess. Came home from mission to find my house full to the rafters with suited, male, Mormon missionaries. Two beds to every room. I asked why they were in my house and they said it was no longer my house. The church had bought the property while I was out of the country and they now owned it. I asked what had happened to my furniture and belongings and they said everything had been shipped to France. (Don't know why my mind picked France other than I served part of my real mission there) I panicked. I was running through my house and just kept bumping into more and more suited missionaries who laughed at me. They had no idea why I was so upset. I kept trying to get answers and got nowhere. I was horrified. Everything was so real! Then I woke up and never felt such sweet relief to know I was only dreaming. Gosh it was realistic! In some dreams I'm either happy and sorry to awake or I kind of sense it is a dream. Not this time. It was soooo real.

Is there a doctor in the house????

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: May 18, 2020 01:31PM

A running toilet is one of the easiest of household fixes.

If it's a condo, then the neighbor is paying for it. Perhaps he's open to having you come in to take a look at the flapper or float. Might need nothing more than an adjustment on the flapper chain or something. If you've never repaired a toilet before, check an online video or two. Very simple with basic tools: an adjustable crescent wrench, pliers, and a screwdriver (regular and/or philips).

As you know, Pooped, there's a Utah-based wholesome LDS movie industry. I saw a silly one called "The RM." and considering your nightmare, you might like it. (OTOH, it might induce PTSD!) It starts with the RM arriving at SL International to a happy crowd with signs and balloons. Problem--it's for some other RM--nobody there to meet him. He goes home, only to find his parents moved and never told him. He does finally locate his parents, who have taken in a Tongan boarder in the room that should have been his.

It has lots of fun with the LDS cliches and stereotypes. Very silly, but I enjoyed it.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: May 18, 2020 02:00PM

It's a condo but our condo association fees pay for the water. Nobody gets individual water bills. He could care less how many gallons of water go down the sewer. I don't like the fact that our fees will all go up due to this guy. Plus, the huge waste.

The "self-fixing" has been going on for years. This building was built in 1940 so the toilets are really old. They are definitely not low flush and the tanks are huge. I put a new American Standard in my condo when I bought it. This guy just keeps self-fixing his old toilet and it stays fixed for a couple of months and then goes back to the way it was. He's gone a lot on weekends and when it happens on those weekends there must be hundreds of gallons of clean water lost to the sewer. I haven't been to the condo association meetings due to being with my mom but I think it's time to get the condo association involved.

Still can't help wondering why this experience triggered such a weird and horrible dream. Never had a Mormon horror dream before. Maybe it's the frustration factor of both experiences combined.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.