Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tensolator ( )
Date: May 20, 2020 10:12PM

I always am out the door early. I stop at Mickee Dee's for the $1.06 coffee. Then drive out through the farms and have a couple of smokes. Then, when I have had enough of that I head to work, do Duolingo, work on an online class, and have all of that out of my system when it is actually time to work.
Our "ministers" should feel fortunate I am out of the house early. My wife works nights. So she sleeps during the day, of course. The other morning she nods off about 6:30. At 7:30 our German Shepherd goes berserk. Wakes her up, scares the poop out of her. Then she hears the knock at the door which must have followed the one that sent 120lbs of teeth and tail into orbit.
She goes downstairs opens the door, and behold there stands on of our ministers. "Hi, I was out jogging and felt like I should stop in!"
She told him she is up at night and sleeps during the day, and in fact let him know he had woke her, or the dog, either way.
"Uhhh...oh, is there anything we can do for you?"
No she said, we are fine.
"Well, you know, you can call us anytime..."
I told her she should have turned off the invisible fence and let the dog take care of him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SunGoddess ( )
Date: May 20, 2020 11:52PM

My mom always says holy crap Batman, lol. I realize your wife just woke up when they came to the door, but next time she should tell them she left the Mormon church because they treated her like crap. Plus the Mormons get really disappointed when they realize you know all their doctrine and still left the Mormon church. This has gotten them off my doorstep and they never come back until they get new people. It's also rude to go to someone's house that early unless it's an emergency. They may as well have banged on the door saying Jesus is coming repent now.

Posted by: Perdition ( )
Date: May 21, 2020 05:13AM

I love the way that the 'minister' offers no apology or regret at having woken your wife up. Why does that not surprise me...

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: May 21, 2020 12:36PM

Perdition Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I love the way that the 'minister' offers no
> apology or regret at having woken your wife up.
> Why does that not surprise me...
They don't apologize they don't explain!

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: May 21, 2020 12:35PM

Although they call themselves ministers do they realize that there is a whole class of people out there who are actually college educated "ordained" ministers?
Yes, these lay members are supposed to minister but by what definition? And by whose invitation?
Recovery would be much easier if these people would visit only if invited.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.