Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: looking in ( )
Date: May 22, 2020 03:52PM

Catnip, I am posting this to send you a big thank you. I have followed your posts about your recent dermatological issues. It was your "return and report" post that really caught my eye. You described the mole on your forehead as looking like a tiny pink mosquito bite. That description got me to take action about a small growth beside my left eye, that I would have described in the same way. This whole Covid thing had me putting off dealing with it.

I saw my doctor yesterday, and she said it was (some kind of, I forget) Keratosis. Anyway, it's a pre-cancerous growth, one that left untreated could develop into a squamous cell skin cancer. We've started the process of dealing with it, and I have you to thank for that!

This is what's so great about RFM. People who have never met in real life, even living in different countries, can have a positive affect one one another in so many ways.

Cheers, I hope you are healing up nicely from the surgery on your skin cancer!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: May 22, 2020 06:06PM

Maybe actinic keratosis? Great that you took action. Sometimes apprehension holds us back. All the best with it.

Posted by: looking in ( )
Date: May 22, 2020 09:03PM

That was it, thanks Nightingale!

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: May 22, 2020 09:28PM

I'm glad that my posts helped! As you see, because of the nature of our community, we sometimes stray past the theme of Recovery from Mormonism, just because we have found a group where we can bounce all kinds of topics around.

We learn from each other, help each other, and care about each other.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.