Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 28, 2020 11:57PM

Women wait in their graves to be called to the resurrection by their husband, a worthy priesthood holder...

Thanks!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 12:01AM

And the husband has to call her by her top secret code name.

Posted by: villager ( )
Date: May 31, 2020 06:02PM

Never say your secret code name aloud because satan then knows it. He will call you first and you have to go to hell with him.

Reference: Young women's campfire chit-chat.

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: June 01, 2020 10:00AM

My god--I've never heard this before but for some reason I find it hilarious. It's right up there with the prohibition on missionaries swimming because "Satan rides on the waters."

So, if we're suspending all belief in the laws of physics to allow that an unseen spirit made of "finer matter" (whatever the hell that means) is somewhere on Earth at any given moment directing his army of likewise-unseen minions to tempt all these sexy, sexy mortals into acts of hedonism and debauchery, are we also supposed to believe that he and they have incredible super-hearing? Utter the secret name once and one of them is sure to hear it? Somehow God is powerful enough to keep them out of the temple; can't he just banish them from Earth and, problem solved? Couldn't they tempt a mortal into wiretapping the temple initiatory rooms and get everyone's code names that way?

As usual, it falls apart under any scrutiny.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 12:09AM

I heard the same thing 50 years ago, only difference is the husband calls her thru the Vail to the celestial kingdom.

The catch was that the wife needed to keep the husband on the straight and narrow in the church. If he falls away, the wife would never make it to the CK.

Just more brain washing and control.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2020 12:11AM by tumwater.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 12:18AM

tumwater Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> The catch was that the wife needed to keep the
> husband on the straight and narrow in the church.
> If he falls away, the wife would never make it to
> the CK.

Now I understand how women are "equal" to the priesthood holder. They're the enforcers!

Sarcasm aside, this also explains why we often find that women are often more fervent in their allegiance to high-control sexist belief systems.

Date: May 29, 2020 12:11AM

Yes, many - most of us know this from the temple ritual, I'm wondering if there's a non-temple reference that 'won't offend' (HA HA!)

Date: May 29, 2020 12:22AM

I ask, Can you get into the celestial kingdom without him? Have any of you been there? You will remember that you never got into the celestial kingdom [during the temple ceremony] without the aid of your husband. If you did, it was because your husband was away, and some one had to act proxy for him. No woman will get into the celestial kingdom, except her husband receives her, if she is worthy to have a husband; and if not, somebody will receive her as a servant. (Journal of Discourses, vol. 5, p. 291)

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: May 31, 2020 10:34PM

GNPE Wrote:
> No woman will
> get into the celestial kingdom, except her husband
> receives her, if she is worthy to have a husband;
> and if not, somebody will receive her as a
> servant. (Journal of Discourses, vol. 5, p. 291)

Of course, they don't tell you this as a convert. Especially the part about one's worthiness being measured by one's marital status. And most especially the part about being an eternal servant. If anybody even wants you as a servant, I guess.

Right after my baptism one of the missionaries said to me, "Now it's your job to get married". Job? JOB? Sounds so - I don't know - appealing??? (Or not...).

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 01:36PM

Never underestimate how much fun it is to offend a Mormon.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 12:16AM

Apostle Erastus Snow:

“Do the women, when they pray, remember their husbands? Do you uphold your husband before God as your lord? What!-my husband to be my lord? I ask, Can you get into the celestial kingdom without him? Have any of you been there? You will remember that you never go into the celestial kingdom (during the temple ceremony) without the aid of your husband. If you did, it was because your husband was away, and some one had to act proxy for him. No woman will get into the celestial kingdom, except her husband receives her, if she is worthy to have a husband; and if not, somebody will receive her as a servant” (Journal of Discourses, vol. 5, p 291)

Charles W. Penrose:

“In the resurrection, they stand side by side and hold dominion together. Every man who overcomes all things and is thereby entitled to inherit all things, receives power to bring up his wife to join him in the possession and enjoyment thereof” (Mormon Doctrine Plain and Simple, 1888, p. 51).

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 12:21AM

I'd kneel at your feet in gratitude for this wisdom, except that I'm your equal.

Date: June 01, 2020 10:04AM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
> Apostle Erastus Snow:
>
> “Do the women, when they pray, remember their
> husbands? Do you uphold your husband before God as
> your lord? What!-my husband to be my lord? I ask,
> Can you get into the celestial kingdom without
> him? Have any of you been there?

If Mr. Snow were still alive to grace us with his presence, the obvious retort would be: "Have YOU been there? No? Then shut the hell up."

Date: June 02, 2020 07:00PM

I urge you not to speak ill of the Lord's Anointed. You don't want to piss off Jehovah.

Date: June 02, 2020 09:08PM

I've already (repeatedly) blasphemed against the Holy Spirit. Save yourselves while you can!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 04:34AM

When I was a boy, my Mormon father told me that he and Mom had secret temple names from heaven. You get the names from god in the temple, he said. He told me that he knew his own secret name, and he knew Mom's secret name. She wasn't allowed to know his, but he knew hers. And the only way that she could be saved was that he'd call her secret name. So, say it was rapture and shit. Dad would float up, and he would choose whether or not he could call Mom's name. Maybe she'd spent too much on groceries that month. Who knew? He had the choice of taking her or not taking her up with him.

I can't even begin to describe how much this creeped me out. The very fact that he would toy with this madness...

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 03:07PM

I'm not surprised. When you're outside the mormon micro-universe, it is clearly seriously weird and yet also rather childish. Swedenborg for simple minds, or something like that.

The healthy reaction is: Run !!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 02, 2020 09:18PM

Another healthy reaction is loud laughter. This is some damn funny shit.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 02:54PM

This has always bothered me.
It subordinates the sisters to a secod class citizenship and the sisters are the cement which holds the whole thing together.
It is one of the more questionable doctrines, yes doctrines, of the theological cult in queation!!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 31, 2020 06:17PM

The possibility that I wouldn't ever have to do the dishes throughout ALL the ETERNITIES is a potent draw!

But I'm reminded of the supposed 'scientific' fact that being male is a secondary trait, added onto the primary trait of being conceived as a female. The possibility that I am a drone, good only for fertilizing (Very Good!) is slightly humbling.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: May 31, 2020 08:44PM

I recently told my wife my secret temple name. I usually wake up before she does, but I wanted her to be ready in case I sleep in on the morning of the first resurrection.

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: May 31, 2020 09:07PM

My TBM brother has actually joked about whether or not he’ll call his wife. He has two daughters also immersed in this $hi+.

Date: May 31, 2020 09:55PM

'of course' since it's taught in the so-called temple, we can't mention that it's taught there... Can We?

Posted by: Birdman ( )
Date: June 01, 2020 01:22PM

I know they like to bury things in Utah out in the west desert. What if they forget where they buried her?

Posted by: Lowpriest ( )
Date: June 02, 2020 06:19PM

However, that was what I was told when I went through the temple.

Imagine how confusing this will be, since all of the super sacred secret trample names are repeated every month from same list. When I call forth "Lois", don't I have a good chance that roughly 3% of all women everywhere will respond?

I know the list is updated every few years, but there is still a ton of repetition.

Mormonism makes you special, after all...

Date: June 02, 2020 07:00PM

It's implicit in the undeniable fact that women were instructed to tell their secret names to their husbands.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.