Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: adamisfree2006 ( )
Date: September 18, 2020 03:30PM

This time 15 years ago I was a lifelong 41 year old member, temple married and the father of 4 teenagers. I was also 6-8 months into a faith crisis. These were dark days for me. I really thought that if I left the church my wife of almost 20 years was going to leave me. However, within a couple of months she decided to resign her membership, along with me and our 4 kids, symbolically on our 20th wedding anniversary. The journey out was painful at times, yet overall we have enjoyed it. Our kids now 33, 30, 29, 27 have experienced a life outside of mormonism which is what I wanted. Of course we have had church and family relationship causalities.

So today I sit here a happily married man to my wife of almost 35 years. I know I am one of the lucky ones to have left with my marriage intact. I am grateful for that. The past 15 years have been a rollercoaster however, we have no regrets. Hope the posters I have associated with early in my exit are doing well. I rarely if ever post however, I do lurk occasionally.

Cheers, Adam

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tahoe Girl ( )
Date: September 18, 2020 04:27PM

I remember you, Adam, along with the rest of the folks from back then. Glad to hear you’re doing well. It really does go by fast.

It’s been 14 years for me. Life is great, and my two now-adult children are happy living cult free lives.

Cheers!
TG

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: September 18, 2020 05:45PM

My faith crisis was a little farther back but my resignation date is just about 15 years now. Yes, it does seem incredible that we were so steeped in the faith for so long.

I am most grateful for those who made/make this site possible. It has been an incredible help and source of information and healing for me.

Thank you all.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 18, 2020 11:54PM

Every conference I tell myself, "This could be the one! This could be the conference during which they announce women can have the priesthood, the gays are welcome to marry in the temple, the WoW is totally voluntary and tithing is abolished!"

Only then will I resign...

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: September 19, 2020 12:00AM

I am so happy to hear things are going well for you! Makes me very happy. Good on you both for making it 35 years. You are ahead of me by 4. I hope you keep on being well and happy :)

Posted by: Tyson Dunn ( )
Date: September 22, 2020 01:58PM

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: September 22, 2020 02:06PM

Great update! Congratulations and welcome to better days!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 22, 2020 02:45PM

I remember you! :) I'm so glad that you and your family are doing well.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.