Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: September 22, 2020 11:33PM

So, the morg is back to cramming my FB feed with adverts.

The latest features two young ladies in one cubicle, presumably companions. One has the obligatory $h|+ eating grin on her face--because everything is obviously so fun and wonderful--and the other is leaning over with an intrigued look, as if the one's convo is so awesome that she just has to get in on it. The picture could just about double for a late night, 900 sex chat line. "Hey all you lonely guys...call these flirty girls for a good time!"

The message above the picture says:

"Got burning questions about God or faith? Ask away!"

Uhn huhn... I'm sure they're ready to handle really burning questions about God and faith.

And then they claim to be "friendlier than an Internet search."

RIght... don't go making any u̶n̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶l̶y̶ pesky internet searches. Let us bottle feed you t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶t̶h̶ our speshul brand of m̶i̶l̶k̶ bull$h|+.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 22, 2020 11:41PM

What are "900 sex chat lines?"

I asked Jesus but he just blushed.

Date: October 06, 2020 06:49AM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What are "900 sex chat lines?"

I guess I'm showing my age. :(

I've always been a night owl, and late night TV used to be filled with chat line ads for lonely hearts. I guess all that stuff has moved online now.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 07, 2020 04:52AM

I guess your sex chats went out of fashion at roughly the same time as Gold and Green Balls and Road Shows. . .

And yes, I am aware that that sentence opens the door to all sorts of bad jokes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2020 04:52AM by Lot's Wife.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 23, 2020 08:05AM

Ask those girls why Joseph Smith had sex with more than 30 women. Ask them why he sent his male followers on missions and then had sex with their wives. Ask them how they can possibly justify being a follower of Joseph Smith and his teachings.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 23, 2020 12:17PM

Date: October 06, 2020 07:00AM

The ads are flying by pretty regularly, and several have gotten under my skin.

This morning I see one that bothers me in multiple ways. They've come up with a "style" of having a little BoM logo, and the tagline, "read with missionaries" (as if that's a big deal), but that'll be preceded by whatever crap the current ad is about.

This one has a picture of a girl praying with hands clasped and fingers interlocking, and says "learn how to pray."

So, first of all, they don't pray in that posture. If the morg manages to suck anyone in with this, they will quickly feel monumental peer pressure to pray with their arms folded over their chest, not in this traditional style.

Secondly, the other bait and switch thing, is that if they're successful in sucking you in with this or any of these ads, by having you read the BoM (w/or w/o missionaries), then it will also never again have anything to do with the BoM (other than the ongoing pretense that the BoM is something significant (that they otherwise ignore)).

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 06, 2020 12:33PM

"...if they're successful in sucking you in with this or any of these ads, by having you read the BoM (w/or w/o missionaries), then it will also never again have anything to do with the BoM..."

Exactly: if you tell them you read the BoM and note that it doesn't have 90% of the rules and doctrine in the church yet theyclaim it contains the "fulness of the gospel" the MIGHT say "That's because our prophets receive divine revelation." But if TSCC is the original "primitive" church, then the Nephites didn't have that knowledge if it was only given to JS. Their heads will spin and they'll fall back on "I prayed about it and the Holy Ghost told me it's true!"

Date: October 07, 2020 03:08AM

+1

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.