Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lowpriest ( )
Date: September 29, 2020 01:53PM

I recently sent a note to Susan / IS asking to have my account closed. I have not heard back yet. I have read a couple of posts that made it sound like she may have retired and may no longer be an admin of this truly great forum. Not sure how to find out... Not sure that I want to know... May the admins of RFM live on forever!

The reason why I would ask for such a thing (excommunication from RFM) is this:

I am at my wits end.

When I participate in RFM, I enjoy the results. You are all fun to read. You have insights that I consider, even when glib, off topic, or totally stupid. You guys are cool.

Still, my life is at a stand-still. I am trying to find a way to be my genuine self. At the same time, I try to respect the free-will of others. You may wonder if this is just a vodka-fueled rant, but I am serious.

At times I wish that I could just continue to swallow all the mormon bull and just be happy. I hate to say that, but it is true. Why did I not just take the blue pill? (Watch the Matrix)... Or the red pill... I can never remember.

Ok, maybe a little vodka is involved. Still, the mormon leaders are all liars. What else is left to discuss?

I just want to be happy. But now I know. The mormon leadership lies. Everything that they say is a lie. Bastards. Liars. They do not care about me. They do not care about my family. They do not care about you.

All they want is your money and your obedience. No, all they want is your money.

Money is power. If they could have your money, why would they care about your obedience? They want your money.

I would be willing to give them my money, but it makes no difference.

I hate those guys. What a mind-f they are!

They take everything from you and do not leave you with anything.

I thought that when I figured out that they were lying, that somehow I had figured out some great puzzle. Nope. You all knew that already. They are a bunch of lying a-h's who really do not care that everyone knows. So I am at a stand-still. I know the truth and it does not change a thing.

Unless I am ready to walk away from my family the mormon leaders win. I lose. What is left to say?

Where can I sign up for a lobotomy?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 29, 2020 01:57PM

Lowpriest,

You are always honest and insightful. If you have to do it for your own wellbeing, then by all means proceed. But you should know that I for one benefit greatly from, and are grateful for, what you have done here.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: September 29, 2020 02:08PM

Mormonism is for quitters, eventually ...

The REAL Winners figure it out. Charge ahead!

No way to win when you lose your family to hogwash, double-speak and blasphemy.

We have to win on our own.

We ARE the leaders!

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 29, 2020 02:09PM

Every major step outside of the Mormon bubble risked losing my family and my mind.

Not going to the temple
Not baptizing my kids
Not paying tithing
Not believing in Jesus
Not wearing garments
Not believing in God

Literally ever one of these things I risked it all. My brothers and sisters are shocked I didn't.

Good luck. There are just steps that need taking and risking it all to save your mind.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: September 29, 2020 02:46PM

To lowpriest
I also hit bottom a few years ago when I finally realized that the so called priesthood had no real power.
The end of my belief came when the bishop of my ward, finding out that my wife had lung cancer, blessed her by saying it is ok for you to die.
Then I realized that it is REALLY all a game! So my attitude became “Let's see who is better at playing the game” I went to meetings –smiled at everyone--- blessed the sacrament—did not pay tithing—visited the sick etc.
My life improved because I could see and take it all at what it is A JOKE!!
So living alone if I wanted to have a glass of burgundy with dinner I did. I don't smoke and that is one thing I don't do because it is so easy to smell on you.
I haven't met a woman to cohabit with so I am still celibate. But what I do is none of their business SO LONG AS I do not attempt to forcibly interfere with the rights of another human being.
That is their thing!!

Sit back--enjoy life--have fun--to hell with them!!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 29, 2020 02:58PM

I'm sorry, Lowpriest. That sounds like a difficult position to be in. Unlike the Mormon church, you don't have to have your name removed from this group, because we won't send the missionaries to your door, or nag you to come to tithing settlement. Just go on your way. We'd love it if you circle back every now and then to let us know how your doing. Apart from that, go live your best life. We'll leave the porch light on for you. :)

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: September 29, 2020 03:16PM

Dear Lowpriest, I too have always read your posts with interest and pleasure. I'll miss you, but I understand that you feel you have to go, so fair winds to you. Do drop by and see us occasionally :-)

Tom in Paris

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: September 29, 2020 04:11PM

Don't even try to leave. Relax, have fun. For we are a Fun People.

Posted by: loislane ( )
Date: September 29, 2020 04:39PM

The one thing the posters on this board have in common is tha they used to be Mormon but now they are not.

You are no longer a Mormon, even if your name is on their list, and even if you choose to go to church sometimes.

It feels good to hang out with people you have something in common with. The people I hang out with in so-called real life do not know my history. No man knows my history.

But the people on this board have a pretty good idea, and that is what makes it fun to hang out here.

You don't need to be officially banned. That would be silly. You haven't done anything wrong.

Just post or not post as you see fit.

I enjoy the insights I gain from reading the posts on this board, so I guess I'll keep visiting here.

And when it's time for me to fade into the sunset, I'll go quietly, with no prompting from anybody.

Posted by: nli ( )
Date: September 29, 2020 11:36PM

Here's how to quit:

NEVER CLICK ON EXMORMON.ORG

That's all! It's that easy!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 29, 2020 11:41PM

With that attitude, you're sure to fail your next RfM interview...

Don't even think about trying to put anything over on CZ!

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: September 30, 2020 12:17AM

Socioecclesiastical confusion afflicts one in .093848593% of Covid19 cases. LowPriest, you could be one of them! Take this scientific test and find out:

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/b5a39265f20176b7dc522fcd8254a701154338dfddc25cac47b23a447442f0e4.jpg

Seriously, you're a great trooper and we'd miss you. Consider a sabbatical from RfM for a few weeks--or months. Explore other social and recreational possibilities and see if things improve. You'll always be welcome back, as an alumni, a senior scholar, a refugee, even a trespasser. Whatever!

Godspeed.

Posted by: PHIL ( )
Date: September 30, 2020 08:23AM

This board can be a breath of fresh air because every one here understands the church and culture. And you are free to speak your mind without fear.
Being a TBM I've found it a great place to come over the years and occasionally getting thrown off especially the times that the board became a little honery.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.