Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 01, 2020 09:03PM

This is one reason why college police departments need to be disbanded.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 01, 2020 09:03PM

From the news story:

"'They will not have law enforcement authority,' Jenkins said, though she noted the 10 full-time staff will be armed."

It's my understanding that sworn officers in Utah all register with a State board/commission and have to provide proof of having met certain criteria.

But these Honor Code 'security officers' aren't sworn officers, so their authority to open carry will come from what process regular Utah citizens have to follow. And one wonders if there will be 'undercover' Honor Code security detectives, who will 'concealed carry'?

Humans over the age of 18 can break a bunch of Honor Code rules without committing criminal acts. Therefore TCOJCOLDS'ists, more commonly known as mormons, needs an armed Honor Code police force with whom mormon sworn officers from other jurisdictions can share the juicy details of who is fornicating whom. Nobody should be attending BYU and having fun at the same time! That's not what mormonism is about! Mormonism is about ghawd damning you, ghawd damn it!!

... at least in my opinion...

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: October 01, 2020 10:17PM

Explain to me what 300 student employees would do?

That's a lot of eyes and ears.

How many students are at YBU?

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 01, 2020 10:48PM

Wow..that little jackbooted Nazi at Ricks that gave me grief packing heat! Scary thought in hindsight. He already thought he was omnipotent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2020 10:49PM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 02, 2020 11:43AM

I wanted to know who thought a BYU Stazi was a good idea. Although Brigham Young himself considered himself above the law, so it’s not a surprise.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 02, 2020 03:18PM

Ernie Wilkinson.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 02, 2020 11:58AM

Keeping up a front requires secrecy. Mormons therefore will go to any length to keep unfortunate for them information where it should be---buried.

It was explained to me by someone in the know when I was at BYU in the early 70's that the reason for the extreme Honor Code and the reason the suicides, unwanted pregnancies, shock-treatments on gays, etc. were so covered up and even their existence denied by Pres Dallin, was that the school relied heavily on donations from the extremely wealthy like the Marriots and those old school old fashioned donors often chose BYU over other schools simply because it was the epitome of clean-cut, while while the rest of the schools were "long haired drugged hippies protesting the wars and such."

The Great Mormon Facade is harder to maintain these days but they are giving it their best shot.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: October 02, 2020 04:49PM

It will ultimately mean fewer and fewer students there.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: October 02, 2020 09:52PM

Armed parking enforcement: Don't park there or they'll shoot you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.