Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 01, 2020 10:12PM

The SLTribune sends out an email called "This Week in Mormonland" and the following is a cut 'n paste from this morning's offering.

In August of this year, two LMs (Lady Missionaries, cuz that's what ghawd called them back in the day...) were the victims of a break-in and knife assault. Apparently, news of the event was made public but without much detail, including leaving the two victims' names unpublished.

One of them has now spoken out, Sis. Lauren Willardson of Draper, UT. She made her story known in a Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/lauren.willardson.7

While I had to visit her FB page to get the URL, I did not read anything there; all I did was look at one photo, to try to see if she was wearing a bra. (Inconclusive...)

The author of the email created a story that is shaped by what Sis. Willardson said in her FB post, within a framework created by the SLTrib writer...

“'Around 4 a.m., a man broke into the apartment where my companion and I lived and started attacking us in our sleep,' Willardson wrote. 'We fought and prayed, struggling for our lives for about 15 minutes. After the struggle, through the power and mercy of God, the man left. My companion and I called 911 and were then rushed to the hospital. We found in the ambulance that I had sustained nine stab wounds — [in her hand, shoulder, ankle and intestines]. At the hospital, I had a lifesaving surgery and then received treatment for many days.'

"The surgeon who operated on her told the young proselytizer that, 'if the knife in my shoulder had been turned even a degree to the left or the right, it would have sliced a main artery and vein and I would have bled out before the ambulance ever arrived,' she wrote. 'What a miracle that we were protected and the knife glided in so perfectly.'

"From having such experienced trauma surgeons to the president of the hospital where she was taken being a church member who let in her parents when no visitors were allowed due to COVID-19, Willardson said, '...the evidence of God’s hand throughout this ordeal is overwhelming.'

"She is at home recovering 'nicely,' she wrote, but plans to return to missionary service 'as soon as my doctors will allow.'"

Isn't that so typical? Boy, it's good to be loved of ghawd, to have him send someone to break in your apartment, stab the shit out of you, JUST MISS killing you, so that you can then bear solemn testimony of how great ghawd is.

Haha, too bad, so sad that you slept undisturbed last night, because ghawd doesn't think you're worth having him send a homicidal maniac so that you, too, can gain more testimony points.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.