Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 07:25PM

Does every town in Utah County have to have a temple? People can't stand to drive for 10 minutes to get to one anymore? I think TSCC has too much money and they don't know what else to do with it except build more buildings. Good grief!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 07:40PM

Better Lindon than London.

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: October 05, 2020 03:08PM

You are right. Especially so since what is called the London Temple is not in London.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 09:16PM

I bet they are just busting their buttons, eager for next April's conference so they can dazzle us with the big convert numbers that they've been racking up, knocking on Facebook doors and sending out texts and emails!

Just like they planned...

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 05, 2020 01:23AM

by the sound*s* of it, there may not be room for anything else in that county....

part of that message or signal is that 'Our temples in Utah County are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Busy that we're 'forced' to build more & more of them' AND that there are plenty of individuals who wish to 'serve' (as if!) as temple workers!

btw, How's the food in the cafeteria?

are the cafeterias subbed out to a contractor?

just sayin'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2020 01:26AM by GNPE.

Posted by: Birdman ( )
Date: October 05, 2020 01:53AM

Reminds me of a dog pissing on every post and tree to mark his territory.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 05, 2020 02:43AM

And you thought India was big news!!!

Posted by: 2 early 2 log in ( )
Date: October 05, 2020 06:37AM

Kiribati and Vanuatu are two nations most at risk from climate change. Specks of land in the middle of the ocean; might as well build a temple on Gilligan's Island (which, TBH, I'd actually like to see).

---

Op-ed by a previous president of Kiribati, warning that the nation could be underwater by 2100:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/theworldpost/wp/2018/10/24/kiribati/

---

"…Cyclone Pam. The category 5 storm ripped through [Vanuatu] in 2015, killing 24, displacing more than 75,000 people and wiping out two thirds of the country’s GDP overnight."

https://theculturetrip.com/pacific/vanuatu/articles/how-the-south-pacific-island-nation-vanuatu-is-affected-by-climate-change/

That cyclone also destroyed 96% of Vanuatu's food crops.

https://www.un.int/vanuatu/vanuatu/climate-change

Not a good long-term bet for temple construction. Maybe they think the temples will serve as good-luck charms to wish away cyclones and rising sea levels.

Posted by: Jacko Mo Mo ( )
Date: October 05, 2020 01:21PM

Are there actually that many people attending all these new temples whereby the existing ones are overloaded. What about finding enough temple workers. I'm guessing most of these new temples are more to show a presence, marketing.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: October 05, 2020 03:24PM

I believe that temple guilt tripping is one of the easiest way to EXTORT money from the truly believing membership
Besides if I go to the temple I have to be a good guy! Right?
Besides that temples as real property are probably safer than currency.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: October 05, 2020 05:31PM

This will show my age, but when I left on my mission, there were only 16 temples in entire world. It made me (and others) believe that inside of a temple was very holy, and close to the presence of god.

Now temples are about as special as Starbucks or McDonalds.

Posted by: Brazilian Mary ( )
Date: October 05, 2020 06:38PM

Exactly... Growing up, there was only one temple in my whole country (Brazil, which is bigger than mainland U.S.) For quite some time, it was even the only temple in South America.

So traveling to get there was a big adventure, and it was such a "special", rare, unique place.

Now MacTemples are like MacDonalds: everywhere.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.