Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: October 05, 2020 07:09PM

I was looking at the speakers and saw an Elder Matthew Holland. He sort of sounds like Droopy Holland or Jowels as I’ve also heard him referred to. Maybe when the apost-holes get within the top 6 they get to pick a potential to get into the ring as an apost-hole-ic contender one day. Level 1 for that gig is a quorum of the 70. The Lord works in nepotistic ways.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Henry B. Eyeroll ( )
Date: October 05, 2020 07:47PM

I think even the usually tone-deaf church is wary about displaying obvious public nepotism. Neither Hinckley nor Packer were able to elevate their favored kids into the Q12. Little Holland seems more capable, and so might eventually get there, but only after Daddy has shuffled off.

AFAIK, the last prez who installed his son into the Q12 was Joseph F. and Joseph Fielding. But that was in 1910, when the church was very different. Because Fielding was too stupid to earn a living on his own merits, Joe F had to get his idiot son a job in the family business.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.