Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 04:32PM

brefots post about the BoM barges was so hilarious that I think it deserves its own thread. Here's one of my favorite lines from the BoM.

Ether 15:31 "And it came to pass that after he had smitten off the head of Shiz, that Shiz raised up on his hands and afell; and after that he had struggled for breath, he died."

It funny how a man with no head can actually raise his arms and struggle for breath. It's also funny how apologists spin this by citing some of B.H. Robert's work, who's books they've banned, by saying, "Hey it could happen!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 05:07PM

One of Ziller’s favorites is Mosiah 19:9-15.

To summarize - First the King commands that all the men leave their wives and children behind and run away from the onslaught of a Lamanite army.

Some say, “Yes Sir,” and run away.

The ones who disobey the order “caused that their fair daughters should stand forth and plead with the Lamanites that they would not slay them.”

Only Horny Old Joe could have thought that one up.

And guess what, it worked. The beauty of these women stops the rampaging Lamanite hoard in its tracks.

They lay off their pursuing, overtaking, slaying and destroying the people and break standard pillaging protocol by taking the women AND MEN captive.

“Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb”

Ziller

Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 05:15PM

I don't even remember that story, but it's a good one.

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 06:06PM

As a farm boy I testify that CHICKENS can run around with their heads cut off; I also testify that I've never known a rooster named Shiz...

Posted by: amos ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 06:07PM

...the good ol' sore cursing...skin of blackness verse. Explicit, unequivocal, and not just physically absurd but MORALLY absurd. One need only read this one verse to know the book is false.

The only apologetics out there are the ones I used on myself all my TBM years. They're wrong.

The church only gets away with having this verse on the books because it's so right-under-your-nose that, well, even blacks forget they were appalled by it. It loses shock value after a few times.

"Look, that's behind us" -GBH

No. Just checked. Still there. Still the "word of God".

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.