Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: josephssmmyth ( )
Date: December 18, 2020 04:03PM

As maybe a great try to help honor our Great Jeff Foxworthy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGj4qnZN8yE

You might be a LDS racist if..

You've ever been taught people's skin gets lighter when they sin less.

I'm really ashamed on my next one!
Looking straight into a multi cultural woman's face and saying..
"But You're Not Black.."

Oooff.. screwed up big time, I'm so so sorry. Awwww.. terrible..

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: December 18, 2020 04:05PM

This is a mean and nasty reply to my comments, taken out of context and either intentionally or unintentionally misunderstood - I figure it's the former.

If you are being truthful about being exmo and trying to improve yourself, I wish you well - you have a long way to go.

But there is also apparent ample evidence that you are not what you claim.

I hope you get all you deserve this holiday season.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: josephssmmyth ( )
Date: December 18, 2020 04:22PM

Nightingale Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is a mean and nasty reply to my comments,
> taken out of context and either intentionally or
> unintentionally misunderstood - I figure it's the
> former.
>
> If you are being truthful about being exmo and
> trying to improve yourself, I wish you well - you
> have a long way to go.
>
> But there is also apparent ample evidence that you
> are not what you claim.
>
> I hope you get all you deserve this holiday
> season.
No, no intent at all on anyone but me.

I'm maybe the least maybe racist person I know but I have got these nasty little hang-on's from once being Mormon. Its awful.

Two weeks ago I really did say that to one of two girls I was talking with over a couple of beers. The one multicultural girl says to her friend, "I really like white girls"

And again, I'm the most accepting person I probably know. They're lesbian, what do I care? I dont.

Me, "But You're Not Black"
Nothing else said, it all settled out perfectly fine but yes, a single hair was maybe still stuck on a weird place somewhere pn the back of my neck. Yup, something wasn't right.

I was reminded of what I sais and why it felt odd later, much much later.
Today, in fact.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: December 18, 2020 05:09PM

You are taking one comment I posted, out of an entire private conversation I had, and extrapolating meanings that weren't there.

In case you aren't aware (although I think you are) this is a support board for people working through life issues, especially around religion. We share often deeply personal glimpses of ourselves, to mutual benefit of both writer and reader.

Your approach, in several examples directed at me today but sadly in many other comments in your multiple posts, undermines that valuable aspect of this group.

Mocking people for personal feelings, comments and issues is beyond the pale at the best of times but especially in recovery groups.

Fortunately for me, your opinion does not wound me in any way as I do not value it. But. Your careless and widespread mockery could be negative for others here. Which makes your opinions unhelpful and unwelcome.

Mocking others takes a special kind of lowlife. Especially in matters of deepest concern.

If you were ever a Mormon, or are actually an ex-Mormon, which I question, maybe you have a *lot* of getting-over-it to work through yourself. I'm not interested in helping you in that. And I'm not going to say I wish you well. Because...

But maybe you could curb your snottiness during this holiday season, a sad one for many, at the end of a year of tragedy and grief for countless people.

I won't hold my breath but hey, miracles do occasionally occur.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: josephssmmyth ( )
Date: December 18, 2020 05:38PM

Nightingale Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You are taking one comment I posted, out of an
> entire private conversation I had, and
> extrapolating meanings that weren't there.
>
> In case you aren't aware (although I think you
> are) this is a support board for people working
> through life issues, especially around religion.
> We share often deeply personal glimpses of
> ourselves, to mutual benefit of both writer and
> reader.
>
> Your approach, in several examples directed at me
> today but sadly in many other comments in your
> multiple posts, undermines that valuable aspect of
> this group.
>
> Mocking people for personal feelings, comments and
> issues is beyond the pale at the best of times but
> especially in recovery groups.
>
> Fortunately for me, your opinion does not wound me
> in any way as I do not value it. But. Your
> careless and widespread mockery could be negative
> for others here. Which makes your opinions
> unhelpful and unwelcome.
>
> Mocking others takes a special kind of lowlife.
> Especially in matters of deepest concern.
>
> If you were ever a Mormon, or are actually an
> ex-Mormon, which I question, maybe you have a
> *lot* of getting-over-it to work through yourself.
> I'm not interested in helping you in that. And I'm
> not going to say I wish you well. Because...
>
> But maybe you could curb your snottiness during
> this holiday season, a sad one for many, at the
> end of a year of tragedy and grief for countless
> people.
>
> I won't hold my breath but hey, miracles do
> occasionally occur.

You do not own the comment, and this is hardly about you, either.
I own the comment! Got that?
I own the comment and you have no copyright on such a thing, it's entirely my story believe it or not.

I mean I said it nearly three weeks ago, maybe four, it's mine and you may have used too at one time.

This ain't about you dude, I can handle it. I can take ownership of my little "You Aren't Black" comment.

Your name didn't even come up in this thread till you barged in to try and lock down the post. You're really quite something. Don't you see your mess, stop it, why not?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: December 18, 2020 06:49PM

A night class in diplomacy could go a long way to reducing the grade school effect of your writing.

There's more than one way to skin a . . . banana!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 18, 2020 06:53PM

> I'm maybe the least maybe racist person I know. . .

You just need to get out more.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: josephssmmyth ( )
Date: December 18, 2020 07:35PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > I'm maybe the least maybe racist person I know.
> . .
>
> You just need to get out more.

Where's your Law boy, he sure took off nice and quick from maybe recognising danger, eh?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 18, 2020 07:41PM

A non-sequitur always wins the debate. It makes people forget that you were "loosing" the argument with William, with NG, and with others.

Thanks for your sincere partissipaxion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: December 18, 2020 07:47PM

Guy, William Law isn't debating you because your mediocre, bullying backside isn't worth it. And your bragging isn't fooling anyone.

Come back to the board when you're ready to play nice.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: josephssmmyth ( )
Date: December 18, 2020 07:52PM

ookami Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Guy, William Law isn't debating you because your
> mediocre, bullying backside isn't worth it. And
> your bragging isn't fooling anyone.
>
> Come back to the board when you're ready to play
> nice.

He's smart, way way out of his league..

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: December 18, 2020 07:53PM

josephssmmyth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm maybe the least maybe racist person I know.....

Who does that remind me of?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2u06oz_eaw

"I am the least racist person in this room. I am the least racist person. I can't even see the audience, but I know I'm the least racist person in this room." tRump to to a black woman

lol

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: josephssmmyth ( )
Date: December 18, 2020 08:18PM

schrodingerscat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> josephssmmyth Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I'm maybe the least maybe racist person I
> know.....
>
> Who does that remind me of?
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2u06oz_eaw
>
> "I am the least racist person in this room. I am
> the least racist person. I can't even see the
> audience, but I know I'm the least racist person
> in this room." tRump to to a black woman
>
> lol

College Humor Video does the best routine, I think.

Didn't you grow up Mormon? Ooff, you'd know a racist, right?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: josephssmmyth ( )
Date: December 18, 2020 08:22PM

Chris Rock is talent, but his eyes give away that he knows he's on the edge when he says a white bus-boy won't trade places with his black ass, and he's rich. (Watch the ohno in his face)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xdyin6uipy4

Diet Racism is well scripted

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=RD6-2Zc-yuExg&v=VJmvfbDdhFg

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: December 18, 2020 08:34PM

josephssmmyth Wrote:
> College Humor Video does the best routine, I
> think.
>
> Didn't you grow up Mormon? Ooff, you'd know a
> racist, right?

True. Yeah, but I never bought the whole 'curse of Cain' thing. It always seemed totally racist to me. I refused to teach anything about race on my mission. I refused to go teach Aborigines in Australia because I respected their culture too much to try to assimilate them to Mormon American Utah CULTure.
That's the last thing an Aborigine in the outback needs is Mormonism and I always felt that way, even as a Mormon missionary. I was a well travelled young man when I started my mission. I'd already hitch hiked across the US, Europe and Africa and integrated into African society and lived and worked in NYC before I started taking my Mormon heritage seriously.
I was an artist. Well, I still am and I went to Africa to study Africa art, sculpture in particular, since that's where Picasso went to study art. When I got there I ended up studying more than art, I studied culture and religion. Their religion, which was Islam where I was in North Africa, Morocco. I ended up becoming Muslim and living at a Mosque where I studied the language and customs and worshipped with my Muslim Brothers.
Then I came home for my Sister's wedding in a Mormon temple and wondered why I couldn't attend. I wasn't worthy because I didn't answer whether or not I believed Christ was God's only begotten son or if Joseph Smith was his Prophet.
So I made it a goal to gain acceptance into a Mormon temple and I did. It took me a year and had to really clean up my act, but I got in. By that time I was pretty well indoctrinated and on my way off to a mission in Australia.
Where I never taught anybody anything racist.
When people brought up Mormon racism I'd point out what great humanitarian work the church was doing in Africa and there in Australia. But I'd never really reconciled it.
It wasn't until I got home and had kids and started having to explain to them about race that I really did the research and got to the bottom of the racist claims of Mormonism, all of which were finally debunked by DNA evidence, once we mapped the Human Genome, and did the genetic tests. Which is the point at which I could no longer, in good conscience, raise my children to believe the racist, bogus myths I'd inherited, after genetic science had debunked them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: josephssmmyth ( )
Date: December 18, 2020 08:57PM

That's a story and a half schrodingscat, never in my life did I feel easy about the tiny sometimes almost imperceptible mormo-ism racism, starting with the huge 1978 priesthood ban referendum thought of as no real big deal and then maybe,ending with changes to whatever it was Brigham Young got caught spouting. Something just didn't feel right, it must be like that when purchasing a real estate location where someone was murdered. I don't know, weird feelings that's all..

Options: ReplyQuote
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 18, 2020 04:08PM

You Might Be A LDS Racist If.. you will not allow Negros to drive Cadillacs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 18, 2020 06:09PM

you forbid your daughter to date me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: josephssmmyth ( )
Date: December 18, 2020 06:27PM

Ok, more humor I hope I hope..

It's summer, window down and sitting still at intersection in town. I really thought the comment in my head was cute, not mean at all. It was the end of day and a worker in dirty overalls just fnishing his shift stopped right next to me on the sidewalk. The sounding of the gong meant the crosswalk was closed so he's just standing there. Small risk with what I was thinking, so I threw it out there anyways.
"You're not going to ask me for money, are you?"
Gawd! You'd thought he was a sailor cussing me up and down and sideways! Thank goodness light is green, vroom vroom, off I go! Timing is everything..

I'm chuckling hard again. I probably would have cussed me out, too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: josephssmmyth ( )
Date: December 19, 2020 10:02AM

If you've ever visited one of the index collections of racial slurs just to see if any maybe applied to your squeaky clean self righteous ass, and broke out in a chuckle.

You Might Be A LDS Racist..

Spoiler: ..don't do it, you're gonna fail you're gonna fail!


http://www.rsdb.org/full



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2020 10:02AM by josephssmmyth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: josephssmmyth ( )
Date: December 20, 2020 04:02PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: josephssmmyth ( )
Date: January 02, 2021 07:27PM

NFL Star Congressman Owens May Just Prove To Be Utah's Finest Elected Official starting today, January 3rd 2021


https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burgess_Owens



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2021 12:59AM by josephssmmyth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: josephssmmyth ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 10:36AM

Try and not use maybe one word, As Jeff Foxworthy might say,
"There's Your Sign!"

The word they..

"They lumped themselves together as the ignorers of inconvenient truths in favor of their own agendas. The dress alike, they act alike, they have the same goals and also have no decency or conscience."

In almost any court of law proof of motive is nearly impossible to provide convincing evidence for succeeding.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 11:07AM

josephssmmyth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In almost any court of law proof of motive is
> nearly impossible to provide convincing evidence
> for succeeding.

I like to make myself some word salad but I can't tell what this is trying to even say.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: josephssmmyth ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 11:15AM

Elder Berry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> josephssmmyth Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > In almost any court of law proof of motive is
> > nearly impossible to provide convincing
> evidence for succeeding.
>
> I like to make myself some word salad but I can't
> tell what this is trying to even say.

You will likely loose whenever, as a trial lawyer, attempts are made to discern and then actually prove motive.

Thank you..

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 11:16AM

No, thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: josephssmmyth ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 11:41AM

Elder Berry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No, thank you.

Scrooge always said, "GoodAfternoon!" quite sternly, I might add.

So the reason I said thank you was that I see my error.

----------------------------------------------
Try and perhaps not using maybe one word, As Jeff Foxworthy might say,
"There's Your Sign!"

Try avoiding the word "they" whenever possible.

"They lumped themselves together as the ignorers of inconvenient truths in favor of their own agendas.
They dress alike, they act alike, they have the same goals and also have no decency or conscience."

In almost any court of law proof of motive is
nearly impossible to provide convincing evidence
for succeeding.

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2354910,2355186#msg-2355186

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 11:36AM

Or something like that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: josephssmmyth ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 11:50AM

Didn't Romney say he wept tears of joy when the 1978 Proclamation came out?
caffiend Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Or something like that.

For finally (with new rulings) being a mite closer in maybe having a possibly more successful political career, yeah..

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In


Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 ********   **         **     **  **     **  ******** 
 **     **  **    **   ***   ***  **     **  **    ** 
 **     **  **    **   **** ****  **     **      **   
 **     **  **    **   ** *** **  **     **     **    
 **     **  *********  **     **   **   **     **     
 **     **        **   **     **    ** **      **     
 ********         **   **     **     ***       **