Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: luvlyldy ( )
Date: January 03, 2021 06:13PM

Hello all as title states I am very bored! Lol Sunday is a very difficult day for me as most of my family and friends are TBM so they are busy at church and church related activities. Plus they believe Sunday to be a day of rest so not many people to hang out with. Plus I live alone soooooo I get bored. Any fun ideas to be entertained? Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Left The Morg ( )
Date: January 03, 2021 07:38PM

Are you retired? Or are you a teenager? Or in between?
I would suppose recommendations would depend upon your age

Posted by: luvlyldy ( )
Date: January 03, 2021 07:43PM

I’m in my 40s

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: January 03, 2021 07:45PM

Well then-
PARTY

just kidding, I think...

Do something creative, or spontaneous, or interactive... or all of the above all at once!

Posted by: not logged in so sue me ( )
Date: January 03, 2021 07:55PM

Online crossword & jigsaw puzzles?

Posted by: Left the Morg ( )
Date: January 03, 2021 08:30PM

I can hand you the world on a silver platter with this one suggestion:
Go looking for corruption in your municipality.

You see, while all the church members are going to church and all the TBM people believe their municipal (city and county) leaders are good, trustworthy TBM, the truth is there is usually a lot of cheating going on.

If you expose the TBM people who are lying and cheating their fellow TBM brothers and sisters (especially those who are cheating the elderly in your community) you cause a world of change. (not to mention exposing some TBMs who are FAKES)

Usually the biggest place where cheating is going on is in: Who is doing the Inspecting in your municipality.
People who apply for jobs as inspectors with a municipality are often easily persuaded into falsifying inspection reports. Contractors usually attend the meetings where inspection policies are made. Contractors influence these policies to help them get away with things. Inspectors can be persuaded to go along with all kinds of things. I bet if you start looking at the actual work that has been passed you will find there's been a lot of lying by these TBMs. This ends up happening because in most states the law gives inspectors immunity. In other words there are no consequences for them if they pass things that shouldn't be passed. However, there are consequences for them if a contractor's work doesn't get passed and the contractor gets mad at the inspector. So guess what usually happens? That's right -- in order to keep his job, the inspector will falsify reports.

You want to not be bored? I'll give you the tip of the EASY iceberg:

Roofs.
Nearly every asphalt composition roof in a municipality in the contiguous 48 states has had a falsified roof inspection. How do I know? Because nearly every municipality states (usually on their inspection department's website) that they follow the International Residential Code (most used IRC 2018 right now). They will state on their website that they enforce it. But that is as far as it actually goes. Contractors know homeowners aren't going to get up on their roof and inspect it. Inspectors know this also.

In most municipalities the inspectors never inspect the roof. They just sign off and "say" they inspected it. And the metal being used in flashing nearly every roof doesn't even come close to meeting the minimum code requirement. It's far thinner than minimum code. The inspectors know this and they just falsify the reports. Happens in nearly EVERY city in the U.S.

So, if you want to blow the lid off the city and expose a whole bunch of TBMs who are lying on reports this is your opportunity.

I guarantee you won't be bored. The fake roof reports are all over and it is a major source of revenue for the people who are in on this. Start digging....you will be shocked, shocked, shocked.

There are tons of other areas where inspections are being falsified also, but if you stick to the roofs, you will get the most traction because everybody has a roof, and everybody hates a leaky roof, and especially they hate the mold and mildew and ugly stains that go along with it.

Once you know what to look for you'll be able to go for a walk and see house after house where the roof is not up to minimum code and the inspectors clearly lied after issuing the permit.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: January 03, 2021 08:50PM

Ah, see, this is one of the advantages of being an introvert. We don't need other people around to keep from getting bored. (grin)

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: January 03, 2021 09:49PM

If you’re not into unholy or impure practices, there’s always speaking evil of the Lord’s anointed.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: January 03, 2021 10:31PM

Border Collie or their tiny counterparts Papillons. You will never, ever, be bored again.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: January 03, 2021 11:25PM

And ducks!

I wish I had the time and skill to train a Border Collie to round up these damn ducks sometimes.

Oh - I have six Welsh Harlequin ducklings coming later this month. One drake and five ducks. Right now I have five ladies, one Golden Cascade, two Swedish Blues and two Swedish Blacks. Their drake met an untimely end due to a Peregrine Falcon. The ladies have been a bit of a mess since the attack. Ducks don't do well with drama, and they have completely stopped laying. Full stop. That's not uncommon at this time of year, but it's uncommon for these ducks to just quit.

I tried to find them a man, but no dice.

These are Welsh Harlequins: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=welsh+harlequins&t=vivaldi&atb=v174-1&iax=images&ia=images

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: January 03, 2021 10:49PM

Boredom doesn't come when you aren't doing anything but certainly goes when you are.

Do Something!

Best in person: visit, hang, play, etc.; otherwise online (still can feel boring); otherwise alone: meditate, read, write, mend, repair, improve, exercise, relax, adventure, shop, think, invent, something...

Ther fact is, you may never actually be bored, but rather just looking for something [else] to do.

Wait long enough...
It'll pass

It usually does
Whatever it is

Posted by: behindcurtain ( )
Date: January 03, 2021 11:57PM

Do something on the internet. Watch a Youtube video, watch Pluto TV, read something on Wikipedia, read something from the internet archive. Listen to music from the 80's. Then listen to music from the 90's. Listen to Beethoven. Listen to Mozart.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: January 04, 2021 02:56PM

find a member of the oposite sex and hang out and enjoy

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 04, 2021 03:20PM

What happened to the flowers, to the candy...?

Is there no romance anymore?

Posted by: nli ( )
Date: January 04, 2021 03:10PM

My suggestion:

Watch movies free on tubitv.com - you have to register, but it's entirely free. A few commercials during the films, but you can mute them.

They have a huge collection, and you can select the genre (comedy, action, horror, standup, romance, etc.) You can maintain a list of movies to watch.

Another suggestion:

Download full-length books from Project Gutenberg ( gutenberg.org), 60,000 of them.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: January 04, 2021 03:56PM

If you are really bored you could always take me out to dinner

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: January 05, 2021 10:10PM

Take me out, I’m more desperate.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 04, 2021 05:13PM

You must not ever have had a mother who told you, "Figure it out or I will find something for you to do (meaning a chore.)" I figured it out.

By yourself: Reading novels, binging Netflix, catching up on the week's TV shows via On Demand or DVR, playing computer games (adventure, puzzle, tile matching, hidden object,) jigsaw puzzles, arts and crafts, quilting, sewing, cooking, canning, walking, hiking, pet care, gardening, sports (downhill skiing is great for singles, also cross country skiing, biking, swimming, etc.) Once the pandemic is over, consider solo expeditions to the movies, museums, historic sites, etc.

Useful: Cleaning out closets, organizing drawers, going through your wardrobe or jewelry box, cleaning your car.

With others: There are groups for pretty much any interest such as hiking, bird watching, book groups, etc. Check Meetup.com. Fan groups can be fun for singers, bands, TV shows, sports, etc. Dog owners sometimes meet up for walks, hikes, or dog park play dates. You might want to make the effort to seek out non-Moromons or exmos to share Sunday activities with you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.